Assassin Dataslate

Cause you can ally with anyone, and since dataslates are stand-alone, you should be able to use Assassins without having to ally with the Grey Knights. I was only interested in the Vindicare because he could stay out of my Marines' way and still provide fire support.

Imperial Faction only won't stop it, only it will make it "come the Apocalypse" only for other factions. 

Personally I think that's a great idea - why would an assassin wait until its target is fighting Imperial forces? A Vindicare might take the perfect opportunity of Tau fighting off a Chaos raid to take out a Tau Ethereal that is planning to attack an imperial system.

Imperial Faction only won't stop it, only it will make it "come the Apocalypse" only for other factions.

Personally I think that's a great idea - why would an assassin wait until its target is fighting Imperial forces? A Vindicare might take the perfect opportunity of Tau fighting off a Chaos raid to take out a Tau Ethereal that is planning to attack an imperial system.

Come the Apocolypse has terrible synergy though when there are alternative/contemporary units another faction may have.

Then there's the old interception of information by the Alpha Legion. Radical Inquisitors calling in services.

Do like the idea of the rogue though.

I got a couple, so when I'm Sick and Tired of coming up against Chapter masters with the Shield eternal and thunder hammer, I play "Unbound" take 3+ my army list.

We determine that if the Shield Eternal is what grants them Eternal warrior, then by the Vindicare(s) removing it, he loses his immortality.

Making some excellent synergy for my guy with the Murder Sword to come in.

I got a couple, so when I'm Sick and Tired of coming up against Chapter masters with the Shield eternal and thunder hammer, I play "Unbound" take 3+ my army list.

We determine that if the Shield Eternal is what grants them Eternal warrior, then by the Vindicare(s) removing it, he loses his immortality.

Making some excellent synergy for my guy with the Murder Sword to come in.

That's really nasty. Like it :D

Annoying...

"Part of the Armies of the Imperium and ally as such"

Force Org screenshot

Well, they figure they're only trying to make some more money while providing more uses across Imperial armies since they're making GK more independant. What sucks is that like they're selling another old trick, that does'nt help anyone outside the Imperial clump matrix.

Yes, unbound lets you use anything, but the synergy for using a super sniper or one of the best walkers around is trying to kill you more than our own dreadnoughts used too.

Got excited about prospect of Chaos assassin (albeit Come the Apoc)...

Went to GW site thinking about the aiming Vindicare...

Found him and half of the assassin models gone. :(

Wonder if they're going to rerelease all 8 poses as resin come the weekend?

Either way a box of Dark Eldar Witches provides suitable bodies and limbs, right? I'll just go make my own, I guess.

Everyone likes the Vindicare but I actually like and have had successes with the Callidus - using them with my (Radical) Inquisitor. And they usually don't end up anywhere near 12" of my other forces.

Now I can take them with Chaos too without having to take GK.

13921981879_47d8eaabfb_b.jpg

I may have finally figured out what to do with this old project from before 6th edition that I had to drop because of the new allies rules:

gallery_53134_7133_16164.jpg

Maybe go back and scrape off the skull and wings with a rotary tool and add an appropriately non-Imperial chest piece instead. May not be worth the effort, though.

Archived