ichor blood question....

Lord Kallozar

Hi all, I have lost my chaos codex and I don't have the rulebook so I was just wanting to know what the stats were for ichor blood and what would you have to roll against a space marine if put to use?

has anyone used ichor blood before in games? if so is it worth it at all?

cheers.

It's a S3 AP4 hit against the unit that wounded your character, per wound the unit caused. So, nah, not that great, but if you have a few extra points to blow, I say why not?

However, I'd suggest getting a Gift of Mutation because rolling a 46 on the Boon Table gives your character a S4 AP5 I1 hits for all enemies in base contact (I rolled that for my Demon Prince once, very useful against Orks!). But that is getting off subject.

Ichor of Blood isn't worth it unless you have a Nurgle Lord on a Palanquin with Demonheart: 5 wounds with It Will Not Die, could make those 5pts actually worth it! lol

Thinking further, S3 AP4 has about a 1/9 chance to kill a marine.

Your lord only has 3 wounds. This means that, on average, Ichor blood will kill one marine every 3 games, assuming your lord dies.

If you like keeping your HQ choices alive, then Ichor blood will do less.

Why oh Why do GW keep with the rubbish 'causes a wound whenyou lose a wound' rubbish. At least the pendant of slaanesh/pleasure through pain was a permenant +1 attack when you lost a wound. That was a good rule.

Your lord only has 3 wounds. This means that, on average, Ichor blood will kill one marine every 3 games, assuming your lord dies.

Why oh Why do GW keep with the rubbish 'causes a wound whenyou lose a wound' rubbish. At least the pendant of slaanesh/pleasure through pain was a permenant +1 attack when you lost a wound. That was a good rule.

Yeah, it would have been better if it was a 4+ poison or AP3 with S4 if they wanted to make it effective. Why they made it suck (or made it in the first place) is a mystery to me!

Such stupidity is alwayss ridiculously over talked by GW as the AWESOME!!!, however only Nids and Chaos keep getting smacked with it so that tells you something....honestly if it was D3 or D3+X hits it would be worth considering (and acid blood in nids would rock) but its just stupid as is

Ichor blood or the equivalent dates back to Mordheim, as far as I know. Your possessed could take an expensive upgrade that does virtually nothing when your model is wounded. Something like a S2 hit.

Should be something like acid blood, or the AP2 hit that Lucius used to give when he made a save.

Archived