Carcharadon Chapter Tactics

Jostal

In seriousness I haven't played them, but I've always been envious of their ability to tri-equip for 1 point...  This makes them on of the best Space Marine Chapters at engaging really close to their foe and using both the Bolter & Chainsword to purge their foes.  Essentially they will work best in Drop Pods and Rhinos...  

Drop Pods work especially well as you can add Tyberos the Red Wake for 190 points into an Honour Guard squad to create a really painful unit, which will boost all the surrounding Tactical Squads.  This will set you back about 450/460 points if you get 8 Honour Guards and Banner.

Also give this a read through... http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/282460-carcharodon-astra-chapter-tactics/

One person in our gaming group has Carcharadons, he uses them in an Air Cav list and launches an assault with Assault Centurions and the like. 

The assaults rely on rolling things, and avoiding drawn out big punch ups, He seems to do best when he can break an unit and move on. So he tends to win big or lose big (save the time he forgets the objectives). I would suspect the aggressive fighting style and all or nothing victories would be a trend of the Sharks.

Against my Chaos army I have played against him yet but I'm not looking forward to it as I have no anti air

Archived