Veteran Squad Equipment

thevoodooman

So ive just picked up a 5 man vet squad and a sternguard squad, idea is a fully equipped vet squad for the angels but ive no idea what to take, Its going to be shooty, ive already got a pile of old white metal veterans for combat, but ive no idea of what to arm them with.

My tactical squads can mix their special weapons in and out and im thinking either tank busters or anti infantry with flamers. Ive anti tank on my bikes so thinking combi flamers and a flamer

The sternguard who are in my carcharodons army will be tank busting cause theyre lacking it i think.]

Before I go build them, does anyone have any tips please?

You can't go wrong with meltas and combi meltas on a drop pod. It's one of those things that are always usefull to take out armoured target or monstrous creatures. The problem with flamers is taht you'll struggle if you face other marines or mechanised armies while the meltas will always find a use, even against orks.

If you're planning to put them in a rhino or on foot then plasmas offer you more range and the chance to influence the game sooner.

If you have the points a pair of combi flamers for overwatch are nice on a pod squad. You probably are only going to get charged once a game (if you are lucky) and if you kill a tank you can expect some kind of revenge coming. If you get shot at meh not much to do about that. But might as well get the auto hits from a flamer prior to the fisticuffs.

DoC

Archived