M's INQ28/40k - Inquisitorial forces

MHVB

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum.

After seeing the blanchitsu section in WD I really wanted to give Inq28 a go.

Just as a test I have been working on some servitors. Mainly as an experiment in using a tentacle/tube maker and weathering with oils. I wanted to make a really grimy model, something that looks as though its been in the battlefield or a factory working in dirty conditions for years.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to make an inquisitor with a retinue for Inq28 and for an allies detachment.

I thought this model could be some sort of information hub that the inquisitor could bring to the battlefield.

I have finished making my second servitor. Unlike the first this is designed to have an active role on the battlefield. I imagine it flying around repairing vehicles with it's two long arms. One arm tipped with a strong clamp to hold the material and the second with a welding tool to fix the damaged metal. On its back there are fuel canisters for the machine to function, connect by large tubing. The size of which dwarf the small legs of the servitor which are bound behind it to protect them from dangling limply and getting in the way.

I've posted a minitutorial on the first if anyone's interested: Servitor 1

Hope you enjoy smile.png

~M

Welcome brother! These are really quite interesting conversions - I'd like to see how you and your tentacle maker fare if and when you attempt an Adeptus Mechanicus character. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it!

@Deathspectersgt7 @Grotsmasha - Thank you

@Olisredan - I might slip a few neophytes in if I get the opportunity!

@Kilofix - haha you got me

Sorry for the delay guys, I was caught up in the start of term frenzy at university. Everything is sorted now and I have finally found some time to set aside to relax and model.

I bought a set of dark eldar wyches, an empire merchant scribe (I think from Mordheim) from ebay.

I have great plans!

I am going to convert him into an advisor for my inquisitor: the "keeper of secrets". His book and scrolls filled with the most revealing knowledge. His face will be hid behind a mask, emotionless, giving nothing away. He will also field as an Officer of the fleet in my imperial guard army.

Sorry for the potato pics I only have my phone camera at uni.

I plan on using the head from the wych on the right of the box.

This is the model I will be using as the base

The Keeper of Secrets

This is my idea. I plan to remove the merchants head and will use it later as is full of character. I am going to replace it with the head of the wych. Add a scarf around the neck in green stuff. Add tubing from either side of the head, and then make a respirator on the model's back out of the venting from a space marine backpack. I am unsure if I should add a holstered gun or auspex at his waist.

I plan to paint his visor gloss black, the neck scarf dark red and his tunic an emerald blue with light dust weathering around the base.

~M

Thank you for the feedback guys, I'm going to start making the keeper tomorrow. 

In the meantime I am about to start reading the Ravenor and Eisenhorn trilogies. Before I start I wanted to imagine the protagonists from what little information I have read. I'm then going to revisit them once I finish reading the novels and see how they compare, and use the sketches to model them. I have done some musings about Inquisitor ravenor as I haven't seen many images of him let alone pictures of conversions. If there are any good conversions would someone mind posting a link please?

Comments are always be appreciated

I also picked up this as well!

~M

• 3 months later...

Ah. That cool scarf (that no-one will get to see anymore :P ) distracted me from the fact that that was a filthy xenos! For shame, brother! And it's the pain glove for me for not picking up on that particular detail. Max setting should do it. ;)

Man, if the servitor conversions are any indication, I am disappointed I didn't get a chance to see the xenos....

Great work!

It's, uh, still on his blog, brother. The link is in his sig. wink.png

@hushrong - you'll hopefully be pleased I've finally done some work on him!

@Olis - this update might set off your newly tuned xenos sensors as it is a bit weird, but be assured it is human... just!

Update to the keeper of secret at last!

I've done some work on the head. This is the part that will be most heavily converted, so after this is done there won't be much work left to do on the model.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The helmet is a marvel of design. It was created to hold and compute tremendous amounts of data; a miniature super cogitator. The helmet enables the Keeper to boost his already terrifying knowledge, making him a masterful tactician and saboteur.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Decided to put it together as a gif

A couple of photos

~M

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

I am leaning towards creating an exploratory warband. One that consists of servitors, data hubs and recording devices, all under the control of either an inquisitor or magos. I have drawn up the ideas for a mobile pict recorder, inspired by the pict recorder footage from the very beginning of the Eisenhorn trilogy. It will be based off the LOTR models of gollum.

~M

Thanks guys

This term seems to be a bit more chilled so I should have more time to finish off the warband

I've made a small amount of progress on the Keeper. Struggling with how to position the head, I don't really want him looking at the book as it's a bit cliched, but that only really leaves to the right or straight ahead, any ideas? I also had an issue with pinning the head and I pinned it in the wrong position initially, does any one have any tips on pinning things to prevent them from being at the wrong angle?

Also picked up these two old models but they're currently xenos so won't post pics. Planning to behead and convert. To turn them into rogue traders, hopefully with some glossy purples and golds. Was hoping to use the empire feathered heads but unfortunately the heads are too big!

~M

Is it bad that all I can think of is Abe Sapien? I think a slight more held tilt for the quizzical look could be good. Especially if you put him right in front of a carnifex or greater daemon: I imagine him saying Ah. Interesting. right before some horrible end.

Archived