M's INQ28/40k - Inquisitorial forces

MHVB

Thanks for the feedback guys smile.png

I am leaning towards creating an exploratory warband. One that consists of servitors, data hubs and recording devices, all under the control of either an inquisitor or magos. I have drawn up the ideas for a mobile pict recorder, inspired by the pict recorder footage from the very beginning of the Eisenhorn trilogy. It will be based off the LOTR models of gollum.
~M

This is nightmare fuel right here!

Aside from that, Gollum-servitor creature is a very unique and cool idea for a pict recorder. Definitely something I want to see. I also imagine Vampire Count crypt ghouls could work as well for a base for conversions.

The Keeper is also looking great. I also wonder if you could pose the head facing the book but paint an image on the bare facemask to indicate which direction the keeper is looking. I saw this piece of art yesterday called Frontier Bucaneer and think it could look cool with your keeper. In this case the head could be tilted looking at the book but a holographic image of a skull facing forward to show that the eyes underneath are looking in another direction. I don't know if it would work but thought I would pass the idea along.

Thanks guys

@hushrong - I've been trying to get my hands on some of the crypt ghouls for a while now, I think they'll be good for a number of conversions. I was thinking mutie ratlings or arcoflagellants. That picture is very cool. I am tempted to do something like that. It would save it being so bland.

@Teetengee - haha, yes a horrible end for the carnifex!

Another small update - the keeper is nearly much finished. 

Unfortunately I didn't have that much flexibility with the head as I had to pin it in order to build it as so I really only had three choices looking to the right, left or straight ahead. In the end I did glue his head in the cliched position because unfortunately it did look the best. I've also added his respirator, connecting pipes and a holstered pistol. I changed it from the initial design which would have had the pipes coming from the two outlets at his chin. I did this because despite my initial feelings that the outlets were too big they have grown on me. I've relocated the pipes to just behind these. Also debating which side to put the gun.

I think in 40k games I'll use him as an advisor or sanctioned psyker.

C&C appreciated

~M

• 2 weeks later...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ordo Chronos

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was having a look at some of the smaller ordos and came across the Ordo Chronos. An Ordo fascinated by the bizarre properties of the warp concerning time and time travel. I sketched an inquisitor for this Ordo. They are also involved in hunting down those who appear in the past, for extermination or study. The whole ordo has vanished into the warp in an attempt to study it. I like the flexibility this could bring: new weird weapons, strange armour, new plots and storylines etc.

Inquisitor Lady Pervoxia of the Ordo Chronos

I went with a couple of themes one that because they are potentially jumping in and out of the warp at different times their clothing would be from different times and therefore may not resemble current fashions and trends.
I don't know how I feel about the sketch itself but I quite like the concepts and ideas I've come up with.
Thoughts?
~M

Love the keeper, very nice idea and it looks great.

The sketch of the ordo chronos looks good. Would he be jumping in and out of the warp though, or just studying it. If he was to enter I would imagine he would want more protection, may some human level power armour.

Love the keeper, very nice idea and it looks great.

The sketch of the ordo chronos looks good. Would he be jumping in and out of the warp though, or just studying it. If he was to enter I would imagine he would want more protection, may some human level power armour.

Thanks. I agree, in the sketch she would just be studying it. I was thinking of using the Solar Auxilia models as a base for the suits to enter the warp.

That is a neat looking mini you used for the Rogue Trader. I'm still loving that keeper too.

I also think the Ordo Chronos is an awesome way to go. I remember reading about them and how they want to stop anything from taking advantage of time travel. This would be a very fun and mysterious organization to run with. As for the Lady I think she looks fascinating but something about the feather shoulder garbs set me off. Then again I cannot fathom the fashions of the far, far future set in the grimdark and dripping with gothic overtones.wacko.png

Lastly, for that staff, it would be neat to see that sand dial encased in a gyroscope set within the eagle.

• 3 weeks later...
I recently watched the fifth element. I love orange and haven't made any females yet so Leeloo as inspiration was a clear choice.

54f568be0db4765002160044ce099d89.jpg

Some dry mock ups. I wanted to capture her movement, and for her to have a strong presence. The head is a place holder and I hope to change it soon. I want to use a head like the sisters of battle but with the hair billowing forward. Does anyone know where I could get something similar?

In the second model I changed the back piece for the coat, I think it makes her look more like an inquisitor. I can't decide which I prefer. I also need to remove xenos taint from her with a scalpel.

Comments and criticism welcome
~M

I agree with Teetengee. You're going to need to do some serious surgery on that jacket to make it look like she's moving backward. As for an existing head that looks like what you're wanting, nothing comes to mind, but Dark Eldar heads do make for some nice SoBs.

http://i.imgur.com/JxerMVi.png?1

I agree with Teetengee. You're going to need to do some serious surgery on that jacket to make it look like she's moving backward. As for an existing head that looks like what you're wanting, nothing comes to mind, but Dark Eldar heads do make for some nice SoBs.

http://i.imgur.com/JxerMVi.png?1

Ah brilliant! That head just what I was looking for! smile.png

That coat is going to make it look like she is moving forward, so I would be wary about forward swept hair.

I was imagining a pose similar to trinity from the matrix, but sort of flying backwards. I haven't really pulled it off unfortunately.
matrix-trinitygun.jpg
Like you say, I've kind of gone off the idea for her now, as I just want her to be a warband member and with the coat and legs I think she would look too much like an inquisitor. So in the meantime I might try a different pose and save that model idea for something else
Something like this N.B. May be NSFW

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/254/e/0/the_fifth_element_by_eveillecosplay-d5edgrm.jpg

Or something simple like this (SFW)

http://www.pixidols.com/public/images/pix/.biseuse-5mdc-378926_200692310011818_100002131501787_424098_741469230_n_l.jpg

I'll probably opt for the simple one so I can actually get it built and painted.
On a separate note

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Mark acquired, approaching now"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p646/MHVB/b58ccd89-15b9-49fa-993f-fbbaa9b10bc2_zps45d9f3f4.jpg

The start of a Callidus Assassin?
I think change the thing on her arm to a blade, alter the gun slightly, a skull to her chest and add some purity seals and she make quite a nice Callidus assassin.
~M

I've done another mock up based on the top pose.

It needs a larger base and i'll replace the gun with an open hand or on the ground supporting her.

Undecided whether I should copy the clothing from that photo in greenstuff and make her into a death cult assassin?

~M 

Considering most of the death cult assassins I've seen have either be figures of the shadows or PVC wearers, I think some sort of overcoat or jacket might be called for. And death cult assassins, compared to Templum assassins, are two-a-penny. Why not have one? ^_^

• 1 month later...
@Olis - good idea :)

I've been particularly busy with university work recently but found time this weekend to make something I've been thinking about for a while.

My newest creation is an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitorial Henchman armed with a bolter-stake crossbow. The gun is a little large but I'm not particularly fussed. I think for game terms, it would be used as an autogun or something along those lines rather than a bolter.

Due to the angle of the crossbow it's been particularly hard to photograph

~M

I've changed the gun so that the crossbow string can be drawn back, added Bolts to his thigh, and holy nails in his head. I don't know how I feel about them but it is done now.

I think he will be a heretic that is being saved through repentance. I plan on adding a hood to cover his back.

~M

@Olis - thanks I was wondering whether I should keep it, it looks better without

I've done a bit more work on the heretic henchman

I've partially sculpted a hood, added shoulder guards and also a cable from his respirator on the back to his chest however when I was sculpting the hood I accidentally touched it so I had to remove it. I'm going to replace it with a slightly larger tube. I've also added the silver bolts to his leg.

I still haven't decided how I want to base him. I think it will be a simple dirt/sand ground.

He's almost done. I need to finish the right side of the hood, add the tube and also sculpt straps to the bolts on his thigh.

~M

I have finished the Ordo Hereticus henchman with a crossbow-bolter combi weapon! After the amount of effort I put into this character and suggestion from a forum member I am going to upgrade him from a henchman to a named character. He will be a heretic/witch/psychic hunter.

Purity seals and purity scrolls are held in place via nails into his legs. Sculpted gloves.

Bolts to hold his breast plate in place. Bandaging around his legs.

The bolts on his leg are strapped to his thigh. A respiratory on his back aids breathing in harsh conditions. The only "extravagance" he allows. His hood flops down onto his respirator. Pouches contain holy ointments and supplies.

I've included a couple more photos, some 40k rule ideas (not familiar with Inq28 rules yet but should give an idea of the sort of character I want to build and the bits I used on my Blog

~M

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys

My next project is going to be something larger hopefully. I want something big I can come back too and chip away at whilst making smaller characters.

I really like the Metal Gear Solid games, especially the cyborg and organic elements. I am planning to make a 40k-ified version of the Gekko. Its like a scout AI walker. 

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111002135046/metalgear/images/8/8d/GeckoArt.png

My 40k version will have a heretic bound to the underside, and will be about 90mm high.

Here's a preliminary sketch, with a size comparison

I'm going to sculpt the legs out of milliput with a bit of greenstuff. Then add bits to 40k-ify it. I'm also going to do the feet as claws.

I also picked the mordheim elf from ebay. I plan on adding a helmet similar to the keeper model I made, with a hood.

~M

Archived