Can I take a codex Lord of War in an allied detachment.

Ishagu

Just to make sure, as long as I have the mandatory hq and troops in my allied detachment I can also run a lord of war, or has it changed now so I need two troops as well?

Edit: Sorry, I've just realised that a combined Arms detachment involves two troop choices...

What's a cheap GK troops choice?

I am totally fine with that. I'll take a few Terminators, a level 3 Libby and Draigo.

Thanks amigo!

I know some people are disappointed with the gk codex from the leaks so far... But it's potential as allies to Imperium factions is great.

Also it's fluffy for Grey Knights to accompany more numerous Imperial Forces.

It needs to be a Combined Arms Detachment to have a Lord of War slot but it does not need to be your primary.

I believe some of the new Detachments in the 7th Edition codices have an option for Lord of War in them, so it's not exclusive to the Combined Arms Detachment. It's just the CAD is the only rulebook Detachment that includes them (aside from Unbound armies, of course).

It needs to be a Combined Arms Detachment to have a Lord of War slot but it does not need to be your primary.

I believe some of the new Detachments in the 7th Edition codices have an option for Lord of War in them, so it's not exclusive to the Combined Arms Detachment. It's just the CAD is the only rulebook Detachment that includes them (aside from Unbound armies, of course).

Maybe I should have said it can't be the Allied Detachment but it can be an allied detachment :lol:.

Archived