Where to start?

Darkn3ssF4lls

Lol, I bought Dark Vengeance box.... Now I sit 2000+ points Deathwing Alone... Just beware.

Well, given that the points of these units are high :P you only have like 3 units there hahahah, j/k. Yea i'm pretty sure i'll end up with a sizable amount of units. I'm thinking of having a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd company basically to fulfill each role that i could possibly enter. That's way down the line though because the unit as a whole is going to be grey for some time haha. Thus they won't even leave their homeworld because of their shame.  

Yeah, I started Dark Angels to be tough, reliable deep striker allies for my Guard.  Then I picked up a DV set and learned how effective our bikes are.  Then I wanted a techmarine...  Eight hundred bucks later, well, let's just say GW has a business plan similar to a lot of crack dealers.

Yeah, I started Dark Angels to be tough, reliable deep striker allies for my Guard.  Then I picked up a DV set and learned how effective our bikes are.  Then I wanted a techmarine...  Eight hundred bucks later, well, let's just say GW has a business plan similar to a lot of crack dealers.

hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

My own take on this is proxy a lot of stuff if you have opponents willing to let you. Learn how you like to play. Maybe Dark Angels aren't your style, but if they are, remember there's a number of different ways to play them.

Personally I used Dark Vengeance and went ebay crazy to get started, I bought some razorbacks, more tacticals, more Deathwing, more Bikes, devastators, and THEN I proxied to figure out what I liked. It lead me having a large, and expensive, army of things I don't use much. Great for painting practice, but not for the game.

This is sage advice from a man with a 7500 point Dark Angel army, collected in little over a year.

I feel ya Pigshead, trying to decide what to collect. I did ok this past weekend with a all Ravenwing 1000 points build. I just need to get used to keeping things at range instead of thinking i need to close in to maximum weapons effectiveness range lol

Archived