how many chaos marine units should i use?

Guest arbitor marduk

Guest arbitor marduk

Hey guys, i really like the look of our chaos marine troops and love the idea of fielding a army composed of massed marines! I was wondering how many units would be viable in games? I typically play 2000 points :p. Also what equipment should i upgrade them to have?

(if it helps i mainly go against tau, guard GK and spacemarines)

I have a problem with 2 things. a lot of marines and viable at the same time. Most of the time , if chaos uses[and that is a big if, that doesn't happen offten] its in the form of MSU. Has lack two very important things loyalist marines have to run mass marines. Drop pods and the ablity to ignore the Ld stat.

at 2k you probably want to play dual invis stats with 4-5 sorc ,2 units of bikes , some msu csm in rhinos to[at 4k that is probably 4-5 units] and if the points are there some sort of support[probably will have to pick between oblits and horrors].

Guest arbitor marduk
Im going to sound stupid now but what does msu mean? So would there be any marks in what you've suggested? :p

Im going to sound stupid now but what does msu mean? So would there be any marks in what you've suggested? tongue.png

msu = multiple small units

For chaos it usually 5 man csm squad with a plasma gun and rhino. Maybe a combi for champ.

Marks are not that good(too expansive) or cult unit do it better.

Im going to sound stupid now but what does msu mean? So would there be any marks in what you've suggested? tongue.png

marks suck for csm. If you want to use marks take plague marines.

You should be taking mon for oblits[to not get ID by str8], lords[to not get ID by str10], spawn[always] and most of the time for bikers. Sorc should be run undivided to not waste spell slots on chaos powers.

Guest arbitor marduk

Thanks for clearing that up uprising :). Should the combi also be plasma?

I actually take 2 plague marine squads with duel plasma incase I'm up against any mc. And im thinking of making a further sorcerer to accompany my nurgle santa I've already made haha

Archived