Ezekiel and Psychic Focus

Varizel

Greetings brothers,

Just wondering, does Ezekiel ever get to use the psychic focus rule from the rulebook? Had a game earlier where we ended up counting that Ezekiel does not have Psychic Focus, due to the fact that not all of his powers are from the same psychic table (Mind Worm). I thought it was fair enough, and i traded one of his power with divination instead.

What's your take on this and how do you rule it out?

PS: Whoops... wrong forum it seems.... was gonna do it on Dark Angels forum instead of the army list. My bad. If mod willing to move it, please do move it.

I would say he does, as he has 1 compulsory power. The ones he does select if all from the same deck/tree enable him to get the primaris for free. Follows all the rules listed.

There was a thread back in 6th on this too and the conclusion was the same iirc.

Hope that helps

Warhammer 40k 7th Ed Page 22 : Psychic Focus

If a Psyker generates all of his powers from the same psychic discipline (even if he can only generate one power), that Psyker is said to have Psychic Focus, and gains that discipline’s primaris power in addition to his other powers. If during the course of the game, that Psyker gains a psychic power from a different psychic discipline, he immediately loses Psychic Focus (and the associated primaris power).

If a Psyker has any psychic powers that are not part of a discipline, such as Force , those powers are not considered when determining whether the Psyker has Psychic Focus.

So as Mindworm has no discipline, Zeke can have Psychic focus if he desires.

Yeah, anyone trying to claim Zeke doesn't get psychic focus because of Mind Worm are being the worst kind of beardy rules lawyer and probably need an application of the dreadsock.

They are not even rules lawyers cause the rule is clear that Mindworm doesn't count For the Psychic Focus rule...

Librarians wear blue armour in the majority of the Chapters. Only Terminator armour is painted bone-white.

Right, 

I guess my question was more why can you have a Librarian in Terminator armor but not Ezekiel ?

Archived