Stomping and intervening friendly models

Kilofix

Would a Super Heavy Walker be able to Stomp if it is in Close Assault within 2" of the enemy but there is a group of friendly models in between?

I.e. another friendly unit Close Assaulted the enemy unit before the Super Heavy joined in; and there is no way to place the first Blast Template without touching a friendly.

I'm thinking RAI would say no Stomping in that case.

Reading the rule, it simply states that any unit with at least one model under the blast marker suffers the effects.  A stomp is not strictly a "Blast" weapon as defined by the special rule bearing that name, so we can't really use that rule to help us.

- The decision to make a stomp is allowed by 1 thing only - being engaged in combat.

- The list of units that cannot be stomped is at the end of the Stomp paragraph1 and does not include friendly models / units.

- As stated above, it's not a Blast weapon, and the line of "must not be placed so that it touches a friendly model" is absent from the Stomp rules.

So I can't see why you couldn't stomp friendly models as part of a multiple combat, although the potential effects would suggest that doing so isn't exactly wise.

1 Page 96, BWB - "Stomp"

Reading the rule, it simply states that any unit with at least one model under the blast marker suffers the effects.  A stomp is not strictly a "Blast" weapon as defined by the special rule bearing that name, so we can't really use that rule to help us.

- The decision to make a stomp is allowed by 1 thing only - being engaged in combat.

- The list of units that cannot be stomped is at the end of the Stomp paragraph1 and does not include friendly models / units.

- As stated above, it's not a Blast weapon, and the line of "must not be placed so that it touches a friendly model" is absent from the Stomp rules.

So I can't see why you couldn't stomp friendly models as part of a multiple combat, although the potential effects would suggest that doing so isn't exactly wise.

1 Page 96, BWB - "Stomp"

Wait - so are we saying we can Stomp but Friendlies will take the hit too?

Archived