Chaos vs new grey knights

Total0

Hi guys, i was wondering with the new codex release how my list will do against them

Lord- terminator, MON, pfist, l claw, sigil, VOLW

Plague marines- x7, 2x plasma guns. Rhino- dirge cast, doze blade

Plague marines- x7, 2x plasma guns. Rhino- dirge cast doze blade

Plague marines- x8, 2x plasma guns

Landraider- dirge cast, dozer, warpflame gargoyles, combi melta

Mauler fiend

Great unclean one- level2, 2 greater rewards

Blood letters-x10

Soul grinder- phlem bombardment

Vindicator- daemon, combi bolt, warpflame

He used to use 2 dredknights hence why the massed plasma, though im concerned that i may have to adapt and change my list as he has shown interest in using wolves as allies just to get droppods to bum rush my army, i also have a different variation in the list being instead of the termi lord, raider and 8 man plague squad a biker lord bikes and spawn.

Thanks guys :D i look forward to your replies :)

Just wondering - why Bloodletters? I'm assuming its a screen for the Plague Marines with AP3 vs his GKSS. But consider this, Bloodletters won't add anything against GKTs and NDKs; mathwise - Daemonettes with Rending will be more effective against GKSS / GKTs / NDKs. Then give the Daemonette Alluress an AP2 Ether Blade and she alone too can take apart any type of GK as long as the other Daemonettes act as ablative.

Also, consider that Nurgle's Balesword will Wound NDKs on a 4+ and will Instant Death them. Give it to an MC and you'll also have AP2 to get past their armor. Maybe consider getting 2 Daemon Princes w/Wings with Balesword instead of the GUO (w/2 Greater Rewards) and Vindicator. The problem with the Vindicator is that its side armor is bad and it has to move up close because of its limited range. If the NDK or GK-Interceptors jump to its side they could kill it by shooting fairly easily.

That said - take the above with a grain of salt. Sometimes Tzeentch messes with my thinking.

Just wondering - why Bloodletters? I'm assuming its a screen for the Plague Marines with AP3 vs his GKSS. But consider this, Bloodletters won't add anything against GKTs and NDKs; mathwise - Daemonettes with Rending will be more effective against GKSS / GKTs / NDKs. Then give the Daemonette Alluress an AP2 Ether Blade and she alone too can take apart any type of GK as long as the other Daemonettes act as ablative.

Also, consider that Nurgle's Balesword will Wound NDKs on a 4+ and will Instant Death them. Give it to an MC and you'll also have AP2 to get past their armor. Maybe consider getting 2 Daemon Princes w/Wings with Balesword instead of the GUO (w/2 Greater Rewards) and Vindicator. The problem with the Vindicator is that its side armor is bad and it has to move up close because of its limited range. If the NDK or GK-Interceptors jump to its side they could kill it by shooting fairly easily.

That said - take the above with a grain of salt. Sometimes Tzeentch messes with my thinking.

I took the blood letters as the main body of his army was in pa so thought why not as he uses like no terminators (which im assuming is going to change now)

I'll have to try out the 2 princes, but as I'd prefer to play bound as i feel unbound is cheating haha I'll have to take a space marine one aswell :p

Just wondering - why Bloodletters? I'm assuming its a screen for the Plague Marines with AP3 vs his GKSS. But consider this, Bloodletters won't add anything against GKTs and NDKs; mathwise - Daemonettes with Rending will be more effective against GKSS / GKTs / NDKs. Then give the Daemonette Alluress an AP2 Ether Blade and she alone too can take apart any type of GK as long as the other Daemonettes act as ablative.

Also, consider that Nurgle's Balesword will Wound NDKs on a 4+ and will Instant Death them. Give it to an MC and you'll also have AP2 to get past their armor. Maybe consider getting 2 Daemon Princes w/Wings with Balesword instead of the GUO (w/2 Greater Rewards) and Vindicator. The problem with the Vindicator is that its side armor is bad and it has to move up close because of its limited range. If the NDK or GK-Interceptors jump to its side they could kill it by shooting fairly easily.

I took the blood letters as the main body of his army was in pa so thought why not as he uses like no terminators (which im assuming is going to change now)

I'll have to try out the 2 princes, but as I'd prefer to play bound as i feel unbound is cheating haha I'll have to take a space marine one aswell tongue.png

But even with an Allied Detachment you can take 2 HQs and stay bound?

I'll have to try out the 2 princes, but as I'd prefer to play bound as i feel unbound is cheating haha I'll have to take a space marine one aswell tongue.png

But even with an Allied Detachment you can take 2 HQs and stay bound?

Really? I honestly thought it was 1 at maximum :p

Archived