Furioso Librarian force weapon ideas!?!

kleftiko

So I wanna start a Blood angels Army!! and I wanna get loads of Dreadnoughts! but mainly Furioso librarians! only problem is I don't really like the look of the standard force weapon that comes in the box... I want to convert something that looks a lot cooler... I like the look of the axe on the new space wolf dreadnought, or maybe something like a long sword! either way I wanted to ask you guys if you have any interesting ideas of what bits I can use to create a dreadnought force weapon, or maybe there is a third party conversion site with good Dreadnought parts? either way I would like to see if anyone has done something similar and created their own dreadnought force weapons!
please share your wisdoms!

thanks guys :) 

Ideally you want an axe but I've seen conversions using the Dreadknight kit.

Yeah this is at the moment my top choice! using the Dreadknight hammer... 

I want just something that looks bigger and a lot more dangerous then what is in the kit, the thing in the kit looks like a little dreadnought dagger... I know its more of a spear but its looks a bit off to me...

Really never been sure about the furioso libby. Sometimes ran one in 6th when we had wings but now...what's the advantage of one over a HQ lib? Can see a possible niche for them in a pod list, but otherwise a foot libby gets a lot more protection from attaching to a unit than a furioso does from AV 13 12 10.

Just pondering.

Really never been sure about the furioso libby. Sometimes ran one in 6th when we had wings but now...what's the advantage of one over a HQ lib? Can see a possible niche for them in a pod list, but otherwise a foot libby gets a lot more protection from attaching to a unit than a furioso does from AV 13 12 10.

Just pondering.

He kills most monstrous creatures like nothing else. S7-8 AP2 force weapon striking at I4 and the new smash rules makes him extremely nasty. He makes tyranid players cry.

What you really need to watch out for is HoW, so get that charge. Pod or raven.

Much easier to get off a single WC and active force than getting a bunch of biomancy powers off for a normal psyker that wishes to clash with MCs. 

EDIT: Forgot the WS6, it really helps. 

I took a venerable dreadnought fist and put in the old metal terminator captain sword and it looks about right to me. Its a good option to base any weapon off of if you're looking for a weapon to hold instead of being attached. Gives you more options too since you can just file down the plastic hand holding the weapon that came from some other model and just glue it in the open fist.

Ok, dreads just ignore 'unwildy' right? They have nothing like Smash that would let them attack at AP2 without a weapon?

No, but you have a Force Axe (for models with multiple wounds) and a Blood Fist and both of them can hit at I4.

5 attacks at S10 or 5 at S7/8 with Force is quite good.

No, but you have a Force Axe (for models with multiple wounds) and a Blood Fist and both of them can hit at I4.

Unwieldy is ignored:"A model attacking with this weapon Piles In and fights at Initiative step 1, unless it is a Monstrous Creature or a Walker."

A Furioso Librarian is a Walker.

Unwieldy is ignored:"A model attacking with this weapon Piles In and fights at Initiative step 1, unless it is a Monstrous Creature or a Walker."

A Furioso Librarian is a Walker.

I guess that pretty much cements making a force axe! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived