Dark Vegence - Chaos Marines

Darkn3ssF4lls

Greetings Everyone,

So i'm toying with the idea of not selling the Chaos i'm going to get from the DV set, is the Chaos side a good army for the money you spend as well? Do you have to use them as Crimson Slaughter ? Not exactly sure how this stuff works as i have only played two games and they were with a Dark Angels army I was able to use. 

Nope, they don't need to be Crimson Slaughter, and yes you can paint them any scheme you like and play them from C:CSM or either of it's supplements. As to whether or not is a viable army in its own right, I'd augment it with additional Cultists or add some PA troops choices.

Cheers,

Jono

Also, especially since you're starting out, I recommend keeping them, sometimes it's nice to have a backup army to play something different.

Well as you also have Dark Angels you technically have a full traitor army just some of its in denial *MUWHAHAHAHAHA*

Just kidding. The DV CSM are great sculpts themselves and i've seen many a great use of them in other CSM forces. Some use them as a squad they come as, others as champs for their basic units. I myself don't have them but wouldn't say no to procuring them in the future. They look great when compared to some of our older models as their asctheatics are more fluid.

The set comes with everything you need, including some dice and templates... which I would imagine to be range rulers.

I converted some of my DV Chosen for the Chosen of Abaddon, and some are Asp. Champs as well... it easy to pick them out on a table top since they're more ornate.

The DV boxset comes with everything you need to play the DV campaign missions supplied with the boxset, however, it doesn't give points costs. That means to use them outside of the DV campaign missions, you'll need to have the CSM codex.

Cheers,

Jono

Still trying to decide between E-Book or iBook or Physical copies becuase i want to replace my Dark Angels book with a e-book copy but it seems to only be available in ibook sad.png

So i guess i'll just hang onto the models and wait for the e-book's for each and get them so i can use them on each device.

Archived