Help with Angels of Vengeance colour scheme

Bunter

Hope this is the right place to post this...

I am starting on a force of Dark Angels and have decided, mainly because it is a lot faster and more likely I will get a decent amount of them done quickly, to use the colours of the Angels of Vengeance.

Looking at the figure however I think it is missing something, it needs either another colour to be added to the scheme somehow or maybe a different basing option (I was thinking of using the necron green crysal bases) to add some more contrast to the model.

Does anyone have any suggestions? ideally something reasonably simple as I have very little spare time and really want to get a cohesive force painted as quickly as possible!

http://cdn.imghack.se/images/acc7f887454391790016f5d2ee1f8441.jpg

Well, right now, none of the details on the legs are done, you could use your gold/brass/bronze color to do those, or put a little bit of bone on the icons, something like that. The AoV definitely still use the bone color on their chest aquilas and icons.

+1 for bone. it adds a nice contrast to the stark black of the armour and red details. steer clear of green as with the red and brass/copper colours they will end up looking christmasy.

i'll be picking up my AoV again soon if I can get the motivation and not be distracted from them by other armies. seeing your DWK has focused me a bit more so thanks!

Archived