Multiple CAD and me

JJD

I have notice a lot of chatter on the net about multiple CAD army lists. There seem to be some for and some against. It seems multiple CAD has been used to make some stong lists particluarly out of what where in 6th considered lower tier codexs.

What do you think of multiple CAD armies in general and have you put together any successful multi CAD dark angel lists.

I know we are not talking about Computer Aided Drafting so I am unfamiliar with CAD in 40k terms.

I am guessing it means Combined Allied Detachments. I have dabbled with DA and Militarium in Piscina reenactments against Orks with some success mainly due to the tanks

It may allow for it but I've not played against a multi cad force under 2000 points

Most of the guys at the club are very anti due to its abuse and the fact that it smacks of double force org which was why comp points totals were < 2000

The no holds barred comps in our area had a complete nosedive in entries with 2 being cancelled the independent club comps with restrictions did really well

I've nothing against multi cad lords of war or knights but it's all a bit of an arms race and it needs to be in proportion to the game your playing.

Well probably come up with some guidelines just to get certain stuff in but currently we've not had any enthusiasm for bringing Apocalypse type units into 15/1800 point games

I know we are not talking about Computer Aided Drafting so I am unfamiliar with CAD in 40k terms.

I am guessing it means Combined Allied Detachments. I have dabbled with DA and Militarium in Piscina reenactments against Orks with some success mainly due to the tanks

Well, with 3d printing being what it is these days, you'd be forgiven for not knowing off hand. Multiple computer aided drafting armies aren't out of the question.

On topic, best I've done is DA + Raptor. I just can't bring myself to throw the kitchen sink at my opponent.

I'm struggling to see much benefit for Dark Angels. Maybe in a pure Ravenwing army, where everything you want is HQ, troops or fast attack and you can fill those FA slots quite quickly.

This will likely become important when they get back around to the Dark Angels 'Dex and the characters lose their FOC alteration rules (which is what has happened in all other 7th Ed 'Dexes so far) and the full Deathwing/full Ravenwing (or even 50:50) thing is shifted to detachments. You want six squads of DW, better use two Combined Arms Detachments, because that's the only way you are getting Objective Secured in, and it won't be with the Terminators.

I fully expect to see the Super-Scoring LRs and the like to be gone, because the DW Detachment will likely have completely different command benefits and won't get Objective Secured.

If I had to guess, well probably get something similar to the company of the great wolf detachment in a supplement. One that gives dwa for terminators and one that gives scout to bikes. Not really lost, but different.

And IMO, objective secured is somewhat overrated. Sure, the objective can be taken by troops, but if he walks tactical marines up next to my death wing, they're only going to score for that turn unless they wipe out that whole squad.

Because I'll wipe out his.

Thanks for your insight. I have to agree that due to force org altering HQs the multi CAD does seem to have much effect I am more of a hobbyist than a gamer so I was keen to read other peoples ideas.

Archived