Blood Angels Collectibles

Chaplain_Sam

So I just recently discovered that there is a model from Space Hulk for Brother Calistarius (aka Mephiston pre Lord of Death). I know this is old news and I have no idea how this escaped me for so long. Anyway, there aren't any 40k rules for Calistarius but I am totally getting his model anyway. This got me curious if anyone else has Blood Angel models or collectibles just to collect rather than play? Is there anything else awesome out there that I am missing laugh.png ?

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/rfid69/Calistarius-Mephiston.png

There are 40k rules for calistarius. Level 2 lib, force weapon and termie armour if using that model.

True, true. Though I'd rather just run him as a proxy for Mephiston if I was going to play him biggrin.png

Got the old lemartes.

The age of short squaty characters! Speaking of which, I hope we get a new Dante model.

I've got a pair of metal Furioso dreads, both get used every so often. Also own every BA codex printed; the supplement dex from when I first started playing, both White Dwarfs that had the PDF codex, and our current one. I managed to get the Angels of Death codex to complete my collection for pretty cheap :D.

I've got a pair of metal Furioso dreads, both get used every so often. Also own every BA codex printed; the supplement dex from when I first started playing, both White Dwarfs that had the PDF codex, and our current one. I managed to get the Angels of Death codex to complete my collection for pretty cheap biggrin.png.

Very nice. I'm thinking about grabbing one of the limited edition versions of the new BA codex when they come out. We'll see, they can be pretty pricey!

There are 40k rules for calistarius. Level 2 lib, force weapon and termie armour if using that model.

True, true. Though I'd rather just run him as a proxy for Mephiston if I was going to play him

But Calistarius was just a plain Jane librarian until he got a building dropped on him. The Lord of Death rules don't accurately reflect his abilities. Not to mention the loadout.

Very nice. I'm thinking about grabbing one of the limited edition versions of the new BA codex when they come out. We'll see, they can be pretty pricey!

Ditto that. A friend got the limited edition orks and it was great, so I see no reason why ours shouldn't meet the same standards. Would be worth it, not just because its value would probably increase in years to come, rather than go up on ebay at bargain price.

As for calistarius, I've converted his axe into a sword and given him a plasma pistol, used him in a few tournies as mephiston and everyone's been ok with it, actually it's welcomed because it's such an awesome model. Draws a lot of admirers and space-hulk related conversations :)

But Calistarius was just a plain Jane librarian until he got a building dropped on him. 

Just your everyday 8 foot tall vampiric superhuman with magic powers. Nothing special really :D

Man I can't believe people are buying the limited ed books, I don't even want the normal ones for what they're asking! 

But to each their own I guess. :)

I've got a pair of metal Furioso dreads, both get used every so often. Also own every BA codex printed; the supplement dex from when I first started playing, both White Dwarfs that had the PDF codex, and our current one. I managed to get the Angels of Death codex to complete my collection for pretty cheap biggrin.png.

Blood Angels are the only army I'd consider getting a limited edition of. Even then, it would depend on what limited editions are available... I don't see the need to shell out for the style like the Ork one that came with metal tokens, art slips and a supplement and cost you your soul.

Ditto that. A friend got the limited edition orks and it was great, so I see no reason why ours shouldn't meet the same standards. Would be worth it, not just because its value would probably increase in years to come, rather than go up on ebay at bargain price.

As for calistarius, I've converted his axe into a sword and given him a plasma pistol, used him in a few tournies as mephiston and everyone's been ok with it, actually it's welcomed because it's such an awesome model. Draws a lot of admirers and space-hulk related conversations smile.png

That's a good idea! I may have to do the same.

Blood Angels are the only army I'd consider getting a limited edition of. Even then, it would depend on what limited editions are available... I don't see the need to shell out for the style like the Ork one that came with metal tokens, art slips and a supplement and cost you your soul.

Same here. I wouldn't even consider the limited edition books for any other army. It's possible for Blood Angels because they are my primary army.

That was a lucky score. May I ask how much you got him for?

For Leonatus?  Double lucky - really poor pic, misspelled name in the listing.  I got it for $30 shipped and it at least SEEMS legit.  This was at least 4-5 years ago, and there weren't (and still aren't) fake copies floating about so think its not a forgery world special!

• 1 month later...

The HG wasnt really that great. I think you can still buy the Sanguinary priest (the only model where both torso and legs were metal) from GW. It was basically an assault squad box with metal upgrades. Yuou got a metal powersword (same as the DC box) metal plasma gun, and metal standard/shroud. The best bit was the sergeants helmet. which has been surpassed by the helms in the SG boxedset.

Archived