Meanwhile, in Codex: Orks

Jolemai

I don't know the page number, but did anyone notice something "alarming" on the distribution of primary Ork enclaves map? Only Baal sits in the southern tip of Arch-Killa of Chrisios' empire. Fortunately, they are currently Waaaghing (verb?) to the north meaning we only have to worry about Tyranids...

What do people know about this? Have to say it's the first time I've ever heard of it. Any major conflicts yet?

As JamesI pointed out, you forgot KaBantha's (probably spelled wrong) demon army attack on the Baal system, but as I see it there is no downside to them being there.  If they want to attack Baal it just saves us the time and energy of traveling to them to bring about the Emperor's justice.

Baal is under assault by just about everyone if I recall correctly (Deamons, Nids, now Orks). 

Bring it on, the Sons of Sanguinius will deal with it. 

Hear, hear.

This might have been a problem for the founding chapter alone... but the might of the entirety of Sanguinius' lineage (minus the Lementers, too busy crying) waiting at Angels Fall?

I say BRING IT ON!!!!

They could also put a Necron tomb under Baal and I still wouldnt care. 

We are Vengeance

We are Fury

We are Wrath

Baal is under assault by just about everyone if I recall correctly (Deamons, Nids, now Orks).

Hear, hear.

This might have been a problem for the founding chapter alone... but the might of the entirety of Sanguinius' lineage (minus the Lementers, too busy crying) waiting at Angels Fall?

I say BRING IT ON!!!!

We are Vengeance

We are Fury

We are Wrath

A Necron tomb under Baal? Brofist with the Blood Angels and death and destruction shall be delivered unto all other factions.

Wouldn't get excited about this. With the way the tyranid threat has developed, no doubt 8th ed orks will have GW completely forgetting they were anywhere near us. Or maybe they'll have them all arrive in situ at the same time and fight eachother to a standstill while our response force sit around feasting and smoking cigars as they watch the fun.

Hear, hear.

I say BRING IT ON!!!!

We are Vengeance

We are Fury

We are Wrath

I'd say the Lamenters are either dead or missing. Would love to see the last company show up at the last minute.

Why on earth would Tyranids even bother with Baal anyway? I'm sure there are much less inhospitable places out there which are much more edible. Unless they're on a diet eating dust?

But seriously; Baal makes Fenris look like a paradise. Any invader is in for a nasty surprise.

I'm not exactly a fluffbunny myself but isn't Baal itself quite different from the moons secundus and prime? That's where BA recruit, but not where the monastery is located.

Well, the last time orks landed on baal the battle brothers didnt even get to fire a single bolter in anger... we just let the dreadnoughts out to play for a couple of days.

I wonder if it's possible for a dread to salivate? Because if it is then these guys are flooding their sarcophagi.

http://i.imgur.com/cLFDcIS.jpg

Because daemons, xenos, and traitors alike are all jelous of our rich, juicy Baals.

Haha definitely gave me a chuckle.

What if the Nids are the last to arrive, drawn to Baal due to the sheer amount of bloodshed...

I just hope GW don't do it again and say "due to the threat of the nids, the Blood Angels and Daemons of Ka'Bandha join forces in the ultimate brofist to squash some bug"

I reckon the orks wont show up, but it has been put there in case of future conflicts fluff wise. There is already such a large threat to the BA and their successors who have arrived to help that piling in orks would be a bit much i think.

on a related note does anyone else wonder if this conflict will actually be addressed fluff wise? i noticed timeline wise it takes place right at the end of the millennium, leaving little wiggle room if they want to add more fluff but keep it in this millennium, but also making it such a large issue it would be annoying if they dont expand on the fate of the blood angels? it cant just be me annoyed by this can it?

Cassiel

I reckon the orks wont show up, but it has been put there in case of future conflicts fluff wise. There is already such a large threat to the BA and their successors who have arrived to help that piling in orks would be a bit much i think.

You doubt our resolve brother?

Fluff wise, no, the clock is firmly stuck at 11:59:59 GW wont ever advance the setting, no if's but's or maybes. Thats the whole point of making up these final stands in the first place. If there one thing GW did right it was the feeling of sheer overwhelming hopelessness at the end of the 41st millennium. The 13th Black Crusade, The Tyranid Hive Fleets, The rise of the Necron Tombs, even the Astronomican failing all pin the Grim Dark in place as the settings backdrop and to move forward in any way would shatter that illusion.

My 2 thrones

As a non-Blood Angel, I suspect that some outside force (some deity or Alpha Legion trickery maybe?) is trying to keep y'all from getting to Terra when Abby comes to unplug the Golden Throne, he knows how well you primarch defended the palace walls and orchestrated events to prevent you from keepin' his daemons at bay.

You doubt our resolve brother?

Haha i would never......buuuut it is perhaps a bit much to ask to face a hive fleet, an army of demons and an Ork Waaaagh! Although if things were to play out i Imagine the collective sons of sanguinius would prevail.

However that is extremely annoying. I like the idea of a grim future, last stand of humanity etc. however i think that idea was painted well enough (pun not intended) without something so pivotal as the peril of the blood angels. Especially as this is a popular army choice, but this event ties up the whole chapter fluff wise and large portions of all BA successors. 

Cassiel

It would be glorious if the whole Baal scenario turned into a 40k system-wide "World Campaign." I miss those... That was what got me hooked on 40k in the first place was the Black Crusade, Fall of Medusa V.

sigh...

Unfortunately it wouldnt be varied enough, unlike Armageddon, Medusa V and 13thBC only the Sons of Sanguinius, Hive Fleet Leviathan, and Daemons of the Blood God are involved.

Would be too much of a niche

It would be glorious if the whole Baal scenario turned into a 40k system-wide "World Campaign." I miss those... That was what got me hooked on 40k in the first place was the Black Crusade, Fall of Medusa V.

sigh...

Unfortunately it wouldnt be varied enough, unlike Armageddon, Medusa V and 13thBC only the Sons of Sanguinius, Hive Fleet Leviathan, and Daemons of the Blood God are involved.

Would be too much of a niche

They'd find some way to spin the rest showing up in the system's outer reaches. I mean, some of the Medusa V reasons were just plain phoned-in. XD

Regardless, I want another world campaign again. :'(

Archived