Well the time has come

After what I can only describe as a hellish year I am giving up painting and selling all my stuff. 

My love for the hobby is limited to a few BL novels, nothing figure wise has really inspired me yes even including Nagash :(.

Its been fun and I have enjoyed talking to you guys. I'll still hang around and give Stobz grief for being a slacker :)

It's a shame to hear you are stopping painting and selling up but good to hear that you will be hanging around here.

Don't forget to give Brother Bobz the constant grief he needs to get that chickenhawk finished.

It is a tragedy to hear someone giving up on a passion that had at one-time brought joy to their lives and in Arkley's case no small amount of inspiration to us. I still have yet to see another Red Unforgiven chapter and even a superbly painted one at that.

If I had the funds, I would offer to keep them and return them to you in the future. As it is, I don't have the funds to get the latest rule book let alone some expertly painted miniatures.

Well playing is the key....

I don't know if you play a lot because all you're talking of is novels and inspiring modeling....

But if you don't, I understand a lot because seeing useless models on a shelf can be disapointful...

I've never spent as much on models as I'm this last year as I'm enjoying a lot the v6 and even more the v7... Playing and metting people in a club makes me want to try more combos and convert more models...

Not having this motivation limits a lot the possibility hence I understand perfectly that you find yourself tired and inspiration less.

You've enjoyed us with your great minis and that is worth you entering the hobby.

thanks for all, don't hesitate come back sharing!

Yea if you play a lot, I think I'd try to hang on to the models. 

You've only been on the forum since 2012. I've got underwear older than that. Hang in there if you can..... I have had my ups and downs but the books, and the inspiration will come and go. Gav may not help that much but other writers give me plenty of good Dark Angels juice for the painting machine.

Just take a break. In my experience I'll just say I used to sell painted armies for over 1000 bucks. No joke. Those same armies feel worthless now in the last 2 years... and the best I've done is 500 bucks. It's just not worth selling anymore. You get pennies on the dollar (you invested) and on top of it I think DA maybe be one of the most 'second hand available armies' out there.

I guess what I'm saying is.... if you wait long enough, things will come full circle. You will become reinvigorated, motivated, and maybe be around long enough to see me get new underwear... no promises though.

You'll be back msn-wink.gif

I must admit my 40K drive is at an all time low too rolleyes.gif Not sure whether it's 7th Edition and its plethora of allied tag-team cheese builds possibilities, or just the fact that we actually have a semi-decent Codex - as perversely I really enjoyed squeezing the juice out of the 'Jervis' dex sleep.png .

Here's to purity.

Cheers

I

I feel your pain too - I still haven't got round to buying the 7th edition rules. I still enjoy the background and the occasional bit of painting, but my hobby energies are focused on some other systems and historical minis at present. Having said that, the Dark Angels are still an army I will return too and continue to build up. Sometimes it's a good idea to have a break and then return to it. I'm sorry to hear you need to sell your army, but I hope you are able to keep it; it is both distinctive and quite beautiful.

I'm not to active on the forums these days but have lurked even when not posting. your DA work has been truly inspiring and I hope for you (if not for your wallet) that you rediscover your passion for it again one day.

I started in 2nd and played mostly in 3rd/4th. barely touched 5th/6th other than picking up some models, most of which never received any paint. I've not bought 7th rules yet as to be honest I don't have time for the gaming side at the moment. I'm just now wanting to start painting again though 'murphy's law will be that all my paints will have dried up and i'll have to replace these.

good luck and see you back here soon!

Archived