My Alternate Grey Knight Colour

Atrenox

While your purple is certainly delicious, GK are not a model range that should be painted as anything but GK, at least if assembled as a whole. Aegis armor belongs to GK alone.

My Thousand Son's Sorcerer Killed a Grey Knight and claimed his armour and staff.

They belong to GK alone, until they belong to someone else.

While your purple is certainly delicious, GK are not a model range that should be painted as anything but GK, at least if assembled as a whole. Aegis armor belongs to GK alone.

I think they look excellent in purple. Grey Knights can be any colour anyone wants them to be, they're a fictional group of super human killing machines that exist 40,000 years in man's grim future! Plus I've seen an excellent white armoured Grey Knight army on the table!

Love the scheme Atrenox, would love to see a full unit.

Ok, I almost NEVER EVER post a negative comment about someone's painting because, 1. I can't paint for :cuss so who am I to say anything and 2. I don't think I know golly gee I'm talking about. However, I'm not into the blue loin cloth. I liked the first scheme a lot better but, the more I look at it I think it would look better in white or perhaps a cream/bone color? Just a thought. Don't get me wrong it's well executed, I just don't think it looks "right". Kind of random and clashes. That being said it's your stuff and you can tell me to eat a spoonful of :cuss cuz that's what I'd probably do :).

Cheers.

I like the cool palette of the blue loin cloth and purple armour contrasted by the warmish gold colour. That being said, you could go for a cream/bone loincloth, but I feel it would draw all attention to the crotch. The purple is a cool colour and would serve to make the cream/bone pop because those colours are warm colours, that's why the gold looks so good on the purple.

Just my two cents based off my (possibly wrong) understanding of colour theory.

Yeah, I thought the same. The model's painted to a high standard and the purple–gold scheme fits it surprisingly well. But the electric blue loin cloth doesn't work for me. It doesn't really look like fabric and distracts from the well-painted force weapon. Bone or cream or something along those lines would absolutely work.

Other than that, really, good on you. He does look really cool.

I think it would actually benefit from a darker blue, because it's painted in the same manner as the force weapon. I believe sticking with a neutral or cool colour is the best way to go, the "standard" cream/bone would draw too much attention from the model since it is primarily a purple that leans more on the blue side. But that's just my opinion, I like palettes that are either primarily warm or cool and are accented with a colour of the opposite temperature.

That being said, I really enjoy the current paintjob. It has a nice purple and blue scheme with the yellow of the gold to offset it. It could possibly even benefit from a tad bit of green in there somewhere.

Archived