New Mechanicum Models!

korban

The last image of the Cerastus is a scale comparison with another knight. Is this new? I don't recall seeing one like this but I'm not very familiar with the knight kit.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/cerastus-knight-castigatorscale1.jpg

The Crastus is a different chassis compared to the Questoris chassis that the Knight Errant and Paladin are based upon. All Crastus Knights (Lancer, Castigator, etc.) are going to be much taller and lankier than a standard knight and this is represented, in part, by their faster run rolls and higher attack stat. It also means that converting a standard knight over is a bit out of the question since the size is so far off.

The Crastus is a different chassis compared to the Questoris chassis that the Knight Errant and Paladin are based upon. All Crastus Knights (Lancer, Castigator, etc.) are going to be much taller and lankier than a standard knight and this is represented, in part, by their faster run rolls and higher attack stat. It also means that converting a standard knight over is a bit out of the question since the size is so far off.

It's actually less of an issue than you may think. Lengthing the legs is pretty easy if you were already going to cut the legs for repositioning. Also, there is nothing that tells us there are no Questoris patern Lancers or Castigators.

SJ

• 2 weeks later...
Same here. That thing is sick! I don't see how Admech fans would be polarized by FW's models. All FW is doing is updating old Admech artwork and bringing them to life. Yes it's weird and creepy, but that's been the point since their inception.

• 2 weeks later...

The Vorax look very cool indeed but for me it's the Styrix that i'm setting money aside for first. Meanwhile i'm starting on my ArchMagos. Has anyone done a build-review or finished theirs yet? All I'm finding from google are forgeworld's pics so Llothlian's is the only other pic i've seen so far.

A Graviton Gun AND A Volkite (Carronade)!? Yeah, thats going to be pretty painful for units that can't ignore Dangerous and Difficult Terrain :p

Though, just those two guns along make me think it wont be 40k-able.

Graviton guns of 30k were a 40k FW exclusive weapon in the years between the 5th and 6th edition codex, and I believe the options are still available to some FW units today. So the graviton gun itself won't be what keeps the Styrix out of 40k. The volkite weapon makes me worry though :(

Hell, if they get Volkites into 40k, that will ease the transition/acceptance of 30k in the scene in general. Because the one thing I've read about the most was people going "Volkites do WHAT!?!" when going up against lists that use them.

Good to know that Graviton Guns wont be too hard to get in. Helps that 40k has Grav Guns.

If anyone still has some Volkites it'd male sense for it to be the Mechanicum and the Knight Worlds both of which have a tight hold of ancient tech they don't share with others.
Besides the Mageara is mentioned as existing in 40k in extremely rare irreplaceable numbers sure but still there so it'd make sense that the Styrix may be the same.

I told myself "I'll focus on Knights, i won't get many Automata so i won't need to worry about the Darkfire Cannon"
Then i saw that pic. I'll still focus on Knights but i will get that Darkfire Castellax.

In other news i just put magnets in my ArchMagos to swap the guns that come with it and one in the skull head just so i can mess with the pose :)

Oh yeah! Paragon og Metal woohoo! :D

I think the beef with Volkites is the deflagrate rule. Which means you an additional to wound roll on a target for each succeffully caused wound (before saves)... Cant remember exactly.. But the volkite culverin is kinda like a long range assault cannon with weaker AP, and no rend. But it can potentially wound eight times... Pretty crazy anti horde weapon...

They are for the Most part S4-6 and AP 3-5.

Their power comes from Deflagrate as others have mentioned and their range(?). Culverins being 48" heavy 4 and then consider that you can have a squad of 10 heavy support marines all with Culverins....yeah... 40 Deflagrate shots will vaporize ANY horde in short order. 

Archived