trying new stuff (for me)

Pyro X

does drop podding 2-3 squads behind enemy lines with 1-2 tac squads and a command squad work well?

I'm getting a lot of foot troops in the next month or so (10 tac squads 5 pods, and 1-2 vet squads)

and I was wanting to get what ppl thought of running them.

I think a lot might depend on what else you have in your army and how you intend the podded troops to operate - is the plan to use them as a distraction or a hammer to crush an opponent's flank? I would think they would work pretty well if brought on together to provide target saturation and if you have ground troops attacking at the same time to overwhelm your opponent. The danger with podded troops is that the opponent moves new forces to hit them and they can die quickly, so knowing when to launch the drop is probably key.

As said I'd use them as a good alpha strike on a flank and then beacon a unit of termi's for ouchiness. Other option is Azzy with Zeke and a unit of Vets in a pod/LRC and let them WS5 4++ wreck face. Love all pod lists people seem to think they are boring but I find my tactics with them are always just a little different. Overload a side, deploy on the board use the pods as terrain blockers against orks, while we don't have sternguard having the Vets helps and as you said bikes or Termi's for a nice hammer would be good. DWK's might be another option if you want. Lastly a pair of dreads works well for me. AssCan with HF dropping next to a Tac Squad has been a wonderous combo for me.

Archived