Finally blood angels... But where are the options?!

kleftiko

So been waiting ages for my package from the uk to arrive in japan with all the goodies to start my new army... Got super hyped when I opened the box and then the disappointment kicked in!

Why does the sanguinary guard box only contain one infernos pistol!!!!? And why is there only three swords!!! It's like you have to kit them out with 3 swords and two axes?!! How annoying why are the full options not provided to kit out the unit the way you want!! But then this made me think... Because the entry in the codex just says wargear: glaive encarmine... And even the FAQ does not say you need to specify what they are using... Can the axe just follow sword rules? Or better yet... Can it be considered both? This also made me start thinking about making some of my sanguinary guard hold both an axe and a powers sword using GK falchion swords bits and putting a sword in their left hand and the axe in the right (this works out cheaper then buying more glaive bits) but then if they are further more physically equipt with both power axe and sword will they be legit in choosing which one to use in combat?

What do you guys think?

When the kit launched in 5th edition the swords and axes were indeed interchangeable, it didn't matter which one the model had.  In 6th and now 7th, it does matter though.  Power swords and power axes have different rules, so if you model them with axes then they have to use the rules for axes.  If you want a loadout different than what is included in the set you'll have to kitbash.

Glaives encarmine are however not power weapons, so there is no diference between axe or sword. As far as I know.

They are power weapons.  They are master-crafted, two-handed, and only have sword and axe profiles available to them but they do still follow the rules for power weapons.

FAQ, all the way at the bottom the Glaive profiles are laid out.

So been waiting ages for my package from the uk to arrive in japan with all the goodies to start my new army... Got super hyped when I opened the box and then the disappointment kicked in!

Why does the sanguinary guard box only contain one infernos pistol!!!!? And why is there only three swords!!! It's like you have to kit them out with 3 swords and two axes?!! How annoying why are the full options not provided to kit out the unit the way you want!! But then this made me think... Because the entry in the codex just says wargear: glaive encarmine... And even the FAQ does not say you need to specify what they are using... Can the axe just follow sword rules? Or better yet... Can it be considered both? This also made me start thinking about making some of my sanguinary guard hold both an axe and a powers sword using GK falchion swords bits and putting a sword in their left hand and the axe in the right (this works out cheaper then buying more glaive bits) but then if they are further more physically equipt with both power axe and sword will they be legit in choosing which one to use in combat?

What do you guys think?

Well, most kits are like this.

For example , I'm building a bunch of Scions right now, and although all their weapon options are represented (as with Sanguinary Guard), there is only one of each, so I cannot make a x2 meltagun 5-man squad, I have to kit-bash or make a second squad. It would be cost-prohibitive to include ALL the options in a box, especially since with Sanguinary Guard in particular all 5 of them in a 5-man squad could have infernus pistols and power fists if you wanted.

That's strange, I really thought they had 5 swords in their box.

I understand that they cannot add 5 Infernus, 5 Plasma, 5 Axes and 5 Fists.. But at least they should have 5 swords.

I personally prefer to model them with Grey Knight-Halberds, which makes them look like this: http://30mmmadness.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/jmh_0115.jpg

They are my 'counts as swords', since it looks so much better on them.

yeah Im gonna have to do some bit hunting >__< 

Perhaps get a second box? All the other bits will be of use elsewhere anyway.

What setup are you thinking of anyway? For example, I have the Power Fist on the guy with the banner, all of which are magnetised. You really only need 1-2 special pistols in the squad as anymore becomes inadvisable from a cost point of view.

What setup are you thinking of anyway? For example, I have the Power Fist on the guy with the banner, all of which are magnetised. You really only need 1-2 special pistols in the squad as anymore becomes inadvisable from a cost point of view.

How about three infernus pistols on SGs attached to Dante? Seems like an alpha strike no brainer; 3 meltas for 30 points on guys that may very well survive the ensuing explosion.

I wanted one squad with a banner close combat orientated... so I can keep the unused Infernus (in total I have two at the moment)

then I wanted another squad attached to dante all 5 fully equipped with infernus pistols for no scatter deep striking and killing off Mekka or MC's with hit and run shenanigans (not sure if 5 infernus is overkill on Mekka I mainly have 5 to tick off the MC Threat)... however I wanted mostly all of them equipped with swords... not axes... I was thinking maybe just one axe per group! in a way I feel maybe I should wait until the new codex drops before I decide my load out... you never know Infernus could become poop and I wouldnt wanna waste money hunting down those parts for no reason!! ><

The Death Company box has them, but they aren't wrist mounted (if that helps).

yeah I noticed that don't bother me much... its just it comes to about the same price and seems just as rare to find them in stock -___-

usually If I want to get bits I try to get a lot because the postage to Japan is a nightmare so Its usually hard trying to find somewhere that has everything I want available at the same time... for these sanguinaries I need about 3 infernus and 4 glaive swords... 

Archived