Me and The Dark Angels

MadMek83

Hi guys!

One thing I love about Dark Angels is Deathwing. I love entire concept, I love their flexibility and I love their fluff. No wonder I got 3 land raiders, Command Squad + 5 Knights with around 40 various Deathwing Terminators in my 1st company. 

I've always wanted to expand bit my 1st Company for the while now but I kinda feel I have exhausted the plastic range. I got first steady full time job which I start next week, which now brings some economical safety but also makes possible for expanding the 1st Company following:

Land Raider Prometheus (Made as Angelus Imperator love the fluff, like the model and no way my Supreme Grand Master will hitch hike in Rhino)

Relic Contemptor with Kheres assault cannon (I just think Relic Version would fit well for the 1st company)

and eventually perhaps with tax returns: Spartan Assault Tank.

Well, after those, it seems my first company will need new terminators. And the fact it will be then over 4000P worth of models... I might need to invest more space for them. LOL. Considering also fact that painting 1st Company has always got me thru the tough times. When my mother died and I did funeral arrangements, painting Land Raider #1 for first company helped me a lot. When I recovered from major surgery, painting squad of terminators helped me really got back into painting. When ever life has been hard or stressful, it seems 1st company has always been there for me to make sure I don't flip out or so.

That's cool. Originally what drew me to 40K was the terminator model. However I can't play full Deathwing as I think it's too limiting, but as a concept, I agree. It's very cool.

Have you considered Contemptor Dreads? I consider some of my dread configs to suit certain wings, and I could see trying out Contemptors one day. (unfortunately Forgeworld stuff isn't legal here.)

What drew me into the hobby was the Skaven Doomwheel over on the fantasy side.  After seeing that, I just had to get into Warhammer.  After years of playing Xenos, the first Imperials I seriously collected were Dark Angels for the same fluff reasons you list.  I love the Deathwing as well, and terminators are by far my favorite models to put together and paint in the whole GW line.

What drew me in was white dwarf magazines tbh. And once I got my first taste it eventually led to battle reports of forums and finally models themselves.

The one model I want more than anything in the world is the terminator captain. Yea the old one formerly known as the space marine hero.

He looks so badass, like he's in the middle of a big ol scrap. When my dark angels are done I have plans to do a series of dynamic pose guys for the lulz and he will be amongst them, altered ever so slightly to raise his badassery level.

Archived