Forgeworld large scale Cato Sicarius

the Belgian one

Hello again fellas !

I'm back with another W.I.P. ...on a larger scale this time !

Cato Sicarius, captain of the 2nd company, based on the ( classic ) Forgeworld showcase space marine.

That's the first time i work on that model and… maybe not the last !

Enough blabla ! pictures incoming !

med_gallery_69633_9989_1021040.jpgmed_gallery_69633_9989_784432.jpg

First assembly before i start working on the legs

med_gallery_69633_9989_541166.jpg

Making the legs looks like MK 2 crusade armor was not so easy, i tried GS, plasticard with no good results so, i decided to carve the plate directly in the resin !

med_gallery_69633_9989_16711.jpgmed_gallery_69633_9989_44061.jpg

and just for fun … here you can see the size of the shoulder pad next to a classic 40k scale one...

med_gallery_69633_9989_1116080.jpg

As always comments and critics are welcome !

I'll be back ….

That is incredibly awesome! I´m not a huge fan of Ultramarines since they usually end up looking pretty boring, but I love the miniature for Cato, and I can´t wait to see what you do with him. Great work!

Thanks everyone !

Concerning the helm … i still don't know if i'll use it… maybe on the base… maybe on the model

The matter is that the forge world bare head is … UGLY ! and way too big ! so i will have to find/make another one or go for a helmeted version ...

how does the head from the deathwatch inquisitor mini stack up? (Brother Artemis I wanna say is his name). Maybe a head off of a large action figure? If you google 1:6 space marine, you'll come across a blog about a guy who uses action figure heads for marine sculpts that should roughly match in terms of scale (I think).

I believe I saw a conversion of that FW marine into an UM veteran. That conversion used the head from one of the GW licensed marine statues from Sideshow Collectibles. That bare head looked more in scale with the FW statue than the one that's included with it.

I believe I saw a conversion of that FW marine into an UM veteran. That conversion used the head from one of the GW licensed marine statues from Sideshow Collectibles. That bare head looked more in scale with the FW statue than the one that's included with it.

I know exactly the one you're talking about Mikhail !

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/b9/f8/8c/b9f88cd31f254a9baa0763d4ee5da93b.jpg

You can find a lot of this statute in its WIP form on this website.  

I know exactly the one you're talking about Mikhail !

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/b9/f8/8c/b9f88cd31f254a9baa0763d4ee5da93b.jpg

You can find a lot of this statute in its WIP form on this website.  

That's exactly the one I was thinking of Chaplain. I'll be bookmarking that link to reference when I start working on that statue myself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived