Forgeworld large scale Cato Sicarius

the Belgian one

Not sure what to say other than it looks incredible so far. Only thing I could possibly suggest is to slim the skull down a little on the belt as it looks slightly too wide around the eye sockets. But that may be the angle and I'm nitpicking at best. Can't wait to see more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone ! and again, thank you all for following this topic !

I have a question to submit to you, dear fellas !

I really want to make a big cape for my Sicarius but my question is …. HOW ? g-s, milliput, soft metal sheet,…

If anyone already did something like this at this scale, please help me !

To be more clear i want something like this artwork but with a lot of undulations, something very sculptural an baroque maybe with filigree sculpted on it

( and why not a little bit of fur )

med_gallery_69633_9989_1041156.png

If you're not concerned about weight(or cost), you could sculpt the cape out of one of the various oven cured clays. You'd want to create some kind of barrier between the figure and the clay so they could be separated, like a few layers of aluminum foil. You could also do the same with greenstuff, but it would be a lot more expensive to use that much greenstuff than clay.

If you don't want to go that route, something I did for a large scale figure conversion I'm working on now and again is to build the basic shape of the cloak with wire armatures and then glue cloth to the armature. Once it's secured to the wire, you can soak it with white glue and shape the folds into it, or but greenstuff on top of the wire and cloth and shape the folds that way, saving weight and greenstuff.

• 2 weeks later...

@Jolemai : Thanks dude ^^ But honestly, i don't think i have the level for a golden demon. Maybe just participating, why not !?

@Doghouse : Thanks you ! first, i have to admit that your work on true scale marines is very inspiring ! in fact i already use your technique to built mines msn-wink.gif .

For cloaks, i'll test it today but with a lead sheet as basis … and if it doesn't work i'll go for miliput !

I'll be back soon !

I'll be painting it myself, but i need some training ! I don't want to mess this piece.

For now, i still have some work on the sculpt/conversion, a lot of rivets here and there, maybe some fur on the top of the cape, find a way to hold the eagle in place, a lot of work on the base …. if anybody have some suggestions, it's welcome !

Archived