Dark Angel (Hobby) Inspirational Sources

Prot

I think in my picture thread I admitted I was kind of having trouble forcing myself to paint Dark Angels and I was also working on Chaos.

(The cool thing is they really like my batreps so that's really cool. lol )

BUT today I'm going for a jog, and I put on Ascension of Balthazar and in my mind I'm thinking of the Chaos units I gotta do.... they're piling up. By the time I was off my job I was like... " :cuss , I'm gonna strap myself to a desk and paint up like a million Deathwing!"

And here I am waiting for 2 more packages of Chaos stuff.... Man I can't win. But anyway, I felt so inspired to spank some Deathwing with paint... I know I can't be the only one like this that finds inspiration and then -bam- I gotta work on that item now.

So what works for you? What gets you to the table to paint? Or put something together? A story? A game? An audio book? Please share it.

A lot of things kick off my inspiration, but to keep me at the table, any of BL's audio books do Tue trick. I also use the reward system where I set myself a goal of painting X "boring" models/units and set a model (not necessarily of the same army) as a reward on the table so I can see it as I'm painting.

Cheers,

Jono

I like that idea of coming up with a reward system for doing blah units... I may steal that one.

The audio books really are great but as i peruse the BL catalog I have to note how expensive they are for a mere hour or so..... That could be an expensive habit.... not that 40K is expensive in itself! blink.png

I like that idea of coming up with a reward system for doing blah units... I may steal that one.

The audio books really are great but as i peruse the BL catalog I have to note how expensive they are for a mere hour or so..... That could be an expensive habit.... not that 40K is expensive in itself! blink.png

I've taken to trolling eBay for some of the actual CD's.

Cheers,

Jono

this is probably way obvious but Tutorials and WIP posts motivate me. I constantly read WIP threads and tutorials on here and on youtube for new and better ways to do things. My painting skill isn't so great so I practically learn something new every time.

I can't wait till I can set aside more painting time. I saw a quick post on improving DA icons ( sorry would love to give you credit but can't remember your screen name! Thanks Brother Dean! ) and am really looking forward to going back through my tactical and add some grey shade to the DA icons!

Also Prot's painting post with the Dark Shroud - love the gold trim! Ordering some Vallejo Old Gold this weekend! biggrin.png

Gees I'm going crazy here... 

I just picked up Dark Vengeance. I highly recommend it if you play Crimson Slaughter and/or Dark Angels. I skipped it first time around, but it's actually a very light, yet entertaining read about pretty much all of the box set dudes. 

Really enjoying the audio of Ascension of Balthasar. 

Archived