Space Hulk

Red-beard

So the new Space Hulk game is officially open for pre-orders. 

Since the game features the Blood Angels, I was wondering if anyone here is planning to get it. Or maybe some of you already have it from the earlier edition? I'm on the fence and would like to hear impressions from any of you who might have played the game on whether it's any fun. 

Also, I'm interested to hear if anyone has tried to use the Space Hulk BA models for regular 40k games. They appear to be very nicely designed models (although they would need to be rebased). Seems like a good way to justify the cost...double dip and use the termi models for regular 40k. 

If you don't have it, get it.

If you do have it, consider getting it again. 

The game itself is great fun to play, the models are incredible, and the price is great for what you get (10 terminators + terminator librarian are about £75, right? you get all the other stuff for free!)

Yeah those terminator models are awesome. I already have a 3rd ed Space Hulk but am seriously picking another up this time so I can have a set of termies to use with my Angels Sorrowful and then another set in The parent chapter for space hulk.

Could use some 'stealers for a diorama/ display board showing my Angels fighting Hivefleet Leviathan gribblies on Baal ...

Used to play the old version back in the day. Looking back I think it was more popular than tabletop 40k then. Don't have the cash for the new one sadly but I've got the calistarius and gabriel models, calistarius is my fave 40k model I think, really powerful looking, such a pleasure to paint and with the weapons converted is perfectly fine as a mephy counts-as in tournies. The gabriel model fits nicely on a termie base.

Really good for when you don't feel like setting up a battle, overall quite fun, and goes great with whiskey.

Might have to try that. Clearing up a whisky spillage is way more fun than wiping off coffee.

Used to play the old version back in the day. Looking back I think it was more popular than tabletop 40k then. Don't have the cash for the new one sadly but I've got the calistarius and gabriel models, calistarius is my fave 40k model I think, really powerful looking, such a pleasure to paint and with the weapons converted is perfectly fine as a mephy counts-as in tournies. The gabriel model fits nicely on a termie base.

Really good for when you don't feel like setting up a battle, overall quite fun, and goes great with whiskey.

Might have to try that. Clearing up a whisky spillage is way more fun than wiping off coffee.

Spilling coffee or whiskey is heresy!

Moving house in less than a week, and have an all-but-confirmed army release the following week. Can't justify the expense. Also unlikely to get one given the number of people that will buy 10 copies to sell on eBay for £100+

Read the preorder. Max 3 per customer. And you dont have to pay £100+ if you preorder it.

Moving house in less than a week, and have an all-but-confirmed army release the following week. Can't justify the expense. Also unlikely to get one given the number of people that will buy 10 copies to sell on eBay for £100+

Read the preorder. Max 3 per customer. And you dont have to pay £100+ if you preorder it.

Read the comment. Can't justify the expense at the moment. And given that by the time I will there'll only be price-gouged copies floating on eBay, I'm unlikely to get one.

- Space Hulk is released

- Not playing BA yet, so I don't buy it

- Start BA army, space hulk was "limited", spend 200$ to get termies from ebay

- "Limited" box is released again, FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So yeah, I already got the termies, but anyone who doesn't have a set should definitely buy them, they are amongst the most beautiful minis ever! smile.png

$190 aus...

Once again, shafted and will not be getting one. Way to expensive for my Blood.

My congratulation to those of you who dont have a mortgage, a wife and a young daughter, who can splash out on items like these.

At least I know that things are "in the works" at forgeworld and ill be saving every cent for a wave of resin and Rulebooks when they finally get around to Signus.

Really getting sick of GW using the impulse buyer tactic, "quick were re releasing this and theres only 1500 of them, buy it now". Sorry GW im careful with my money and cannot afford to splash out on $190 boardgames with only a weeks notice.

Archived