After a game with my Ravenwing.....

Prot

I just want to be sure i was doing this right....

I haven't played my Ravenwing in a long time. I played against a good Astra Militarum player that removed his Deathstrikes from his list because he felt it was just too OP....

So he couldn't remove cover. I kept giving the Shroud a 2+ cover was I wrong?

Yes I checked the FAQ's and 7th edition.... but I miss these minor changes all the time.

Man I've re-read it a lot..... it's just the changes, the FAQ.... I never know when I'm missing something.

The Astra opponent only had a tank commander and thus could not use the anti-cover order.

I was giving my jinking Shroud a 2+. I thought the Shroud conveyed shroud to others? Or just  Stealth? I gave everyone with Skilled rider (including the squad that Sam was attached to a 2+ jink).

My opponent was very frustrated at this and I felt sheepish about it. Ironically the last time I played him with his Deathstrikes he literally "erased" 75% of my army in one Deathstrike shot (look it up if you don't know... it's better than a D weapon.)

ah you didn't say what kind of commander he had. he would need to try and take out the deathshrouds before moving on to the bikes. Also There are a different set of orders if he runs the Militarum Tempestus. granted they are only str 3 so its not too bad.

Yea I've played against a thousand times... there's a few workarounds for the Astra, it just so happens in this game he brought none of them... there's also the Bane wolf (?), the commander orders, etc, etc.

I just wanted to be sure I didn't mess up here because I gotta say he was getting frustrated and I felt sheepish about it. Ironically I've had armies annihilate it because it can rely on cover so much..... even 'Nids can get past it.

No no, to my eyes you had it right Prot. The Darkshroud has shrouded (+2 to cover saves) and confers stealth on units within 6". In our codex they'd printed stealth as one of the Darkshroud's special rules but that was FAQ'd away.

So jinking saves would be:

Darkshroud: 2+ (4+ for jink, plus 2 for shrouded special rule)

RWBKs or RWAS with Sammael, within 6" of Darkshroud: 2+ (4+ for jink, plus 1 for skilled rider, plus 1 for stealth)

I'm only just returning to 40k and haven't played yet (still building my army and need to find some fellow gamers), so maybe I'm not to be trusted! That said, my learning of the rules is still fresh in my mind... Other than Deathstrikes he could've used the "Fire on my Target" order from a commander (which as you've said, he hadn't taken). Your opponent was probably frustrated because he deliberately didn't take his most reliable source of ignores cover fire so the game wouldn't be quite to one-sided as before.

Archived