A possible bit of Dark Angels flavored "frommage" for you...

Ultra Magnus

On the ForgeWorld site I came across this entry for the MK1C Deimos Pattern Rhino - 

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space-Marine-Tanks/MKIC-DEIMOS-PATTERN-RHINO.html

Does anyone know which book has the rules/point costs for it? The entry says Codex: Space Marines implying it is a straight points swap option for a regular Rhino but I wanted to be sure.

The reason it caught my eye is because it swaps the singular stormbolter of the regular Rhino for two normal bolters. Normally not terribly interesting but when combined with our Standard of Devastation, you now have a transport that puts out 8 bolter shots at 24" not to mention supporting fire from the occupants inside. I thought it made a nice potential addition to those of you running mechanized Green or mixed wing lists.

UM

A storm bolter is essentialy two bolters strapped together anyways. I don't remember where I read that, possibly one of the FFG books. So I personally would use it as such.

No it isn't, although that's how it started. That's why Chaos termis have "combi-bolters" (which are twin-linked boltguns) as their standard weapons instead of Storm Bolters, which are more advanced.

Codex Space Marines 5th edition:

A storm bolter resembles two boltguns attached side by side.

Deathwatch:

These weapons resemble two bolters with a single casing and a single trigger.

Dark Heresy 2E:

Storm bolters combine the firing of two boltguns into one compact weapon.

Only War:

Storm Bolters arose from experiments in combining weapons together to achieve greater rates of fire. Here, two linked bolters form a single weapon which can shred most foes in a single burst.

And so on. Same concept as a combi-bolter, just more refined.

Well to satisfy my curiosity, I put the question to forgeworld customer support. They confirmed that it is counted as a single, twin-linked bolter. While not the "dual bolter" configuration I was hoping for, I think it still is a better option for someone running a banner of devastation mech list. 4 twin-linked bolter shots are still better than the basic Rhino's stormbolter in that scenario.

UM

Archived