Centurions in a drop pod?

auwombat

Greetings brothers I need you wisdom re the rules.

1 is it possible to put Centurions in a drop pod, I saw this at the tourny last weekend, is it kosha? after all a dready can go in one?

2 if it is how do I buy/get a drop pod that they can go in with my list, its not their dedicated transport so how do I get 1?

3 imagine them with Tiggy and invisible and stealth drop in my first turn Tau would :cuss themselves lol

4 is it true that you have invisibility that Tau cant use marker lights? and no one can use template weapons?

ps I hate Tau lol

so your thoughts my ancient learned brothers :)

Greetings brothers I need you wisdom re the rules.

1 is it possible to put Centurions in a drop pod, I saw this at the tourny last weekend, is it kosha? after all a dready can go in one?

2 if it is how do I buy/get a drop pod that they can go in with my list, its not their dedicated transport so how do I get 1?

3 imagine them with Tiggy and invisible and stealth drop in my first turn Tau would censored.gif themselves lol

4 is it true that you have invisibility that Tau cant use marker lights? and no one can use template weapons?

ps I hate Tau lol

so your thoughts my ancient learned brothers smile.png

1. Yes it is possible.

2. You need to take SW allies and take a Drop Pod from their Fast Attack section (not a Dedicated Transport)

3. True!

4. Tau can use markerlights normally as they specifically state that they can modify the BS of snapshots. Template and blast weapons cannot be targeted on an Invisible unit but can still hit them incidentally when they are not the target

• 3 weeks later...

We had a discussion with my friends about SW pod in list and we tossed ideas back and forth.

Something that came up:

Is there any rule that states that you have to take the squad out of the drop pod once it lands or can you leave them in and use it as an av12 bunker? Afaik it's open topped so everyone can shoot out from it.

Can an unit embark back into a drop pod if it so chooses?

We were thinking about having sororitas command squad with 5 MM in one accompanied by retributors and long fangs in 2 others.

Yeah it's kinda pointless drop pods having an armour rating as they literally don't protect the guys inside, as soon as the pod lands, they must disembark, then all the interceptors choose to fire at the unit instead of the pod. Best thing to do would he to disembark the troops behind the pod for a 5+ cover save.

Yeah it's kinda pointless drop pods having an armour rating as they literally don't protect the guys inside, as soon as the pod lands, they must disembark, then all the interceptors choose to fire at the unit instead of the pod. Best thing to do would he to disembark the troops behind the pod for a 5+ cover save.

??? Yes, because that is the only reason a Vehicle has an Armour Rating, to protect Passengers. Never mind that it can have Objective Secured and be a deployable weapon platform in the meanwhile and possibly provide a better First Blood than 3-10 models.

Archived