Blood Angels 3rd Company - with first BatRep

Zedrenael

Ultramarines Turn Three: 

Movement: Venerable Dreadnought moves toward Land Raider Redeemer and Devastator Rhino. Ironclade moves within one inch of the Death Company insuring that they are about to die. They also continue to push forward in the hopes of completing Behind Enemy Lines. The last two Tactical Squads move in to surround the Death Company. 

Shooting: Venerable Dreadnought takes a hull point of the Devastator Rhino. The two Tactical Squad open fire on the Death Company to wear them down before they tie up the Ironclad. Another attempt to try and destroy the Land Raider Redeemer but still making cover saves to the building in the middle.

Assault: Ironclad assault the Death Company and ties them up since they can't run due to fearless. Multi-Melta Dreadnought assaulted the Land Raider Crusader and failed to do anything. Dreadnought finishes off the Devastator Rhino. Honour Guard, Captain, and Chaplain finally lay low my Assault Squad. 

15336103840_6f2f202ac4.jpg

15336243857_a54f7f9328.jpg

Blood Angels Turn Three:

Movement: Redeemer backs away from the Venerable Dreadnought to block off the coming death of my Dreadnought and possible consolidation and contesting my objective under my Devastator Squad. Another insurance was putting the tactical squad in the way as well. I also disembark to ensure that I will kill the Command Squad. Move the second assault squad up towards the disembarked tactical squads that shot at the Death Company. 

Shooting: I manage to take a couple more hull points from the Venerable but not completely killing it. The Multi-Melta dread does fall to the Assault Cannon and twin autocannon dreadnought taking it out. The disembarked Tactical squads did manage to take out the Command Squad (Warlord).

Assault: Assault Squad manages to get to the tactical squad and completely wipe them out. The first tactical squad that was assault turn 2 finally fell to the Assault Squad. The Death Company and Reclusiarch are still tied up with the Ironclad.

15522959015_40828c0b79.jpg

14920365784_99b60ef212.jpg

BA 6/ Ultra 6

So pretty underwhelming week. I did come into contact with a 3D printed Fire Raptor. My opponent swore that it was a forge world one but it lacked detail from ones I've seen as well as be extremely light for resin. I did let it play but was very apprehensive. What do you guys think of 3D printed models?

I need to get on top of painting here shortly and finish my company. I did manage to paint two Baal Predators (not company technically) but really wanted them done.

I haven't come in contact with any 3D printed models. I personally lump 3D printing FW models into the same group as recasts, I don't like them. I will not knowingly buy either. I own some recasts because I bought a large bits lot from someone on Facebook. He said he had bought them from a friend that needed money so he got a good deal. About half of the bits he sold me were definitely recast but what wasn't definitely made up for the price I paid.

Something I learned today was that the Fire Raptor has Strafing Run and I don't need a Reclusiarch for running just one. I was seriously hurting myself all this time. Has anyone else made a mistake like that? Just forgot something had a specific rule or taken something that they didn't need to or couldn't.

Archived