Deathwing Advice Needed

Thunder_god

Hi all.

I've always wanted to build a pure Deathwing army, and I'm finally convinced myself to do it.

I've read over March's lists and a few others.

Are these still good starting points?

I'd appreciate any feedback y'all can give done one new to the Rock.

Thanks in advance.

Will

My (cheap an f2f cheesy) advice: go unbound and take cypher. That is all. (You can bring him in unbound, and he causes all inner circle peeps to get zealot) Horrible unfluffy, but makes all your characters and all your termies mini-chaplains.

Start with mixed squads 1500 points and get some games in.

Use some Death wing knights as thunder hammer / storm shield guys mixed with the shooting variety to start with till you get the feel of the army. Death wing knights are awesome but tactically you need to Max out on their rules to get the best out of them.

Death wing is the elite of the elite with very low model count and it will take some getting used to, also your weapon mix is going to be dependent on gaming group/opposition.

It will be a steep learning curve for you as you really have to prioritise targets and focus on what you need to do to win, so don't be surprised if you start off with more losses than victories, but it probably will make you a better player as a consequence, not to mention the satisfaction from the look on your opponent's face when they see only terminators deployed.

Yes, there is always panic when my all termie army comes out but then I look at my 15-20 minis while opponents start pulling out 75-100 minis and I know I have slim chances...  

Unless it is a static Guard army...  I do okay against those...

Yea in execution the Deathwing have interesting psychological effects.... on both players!

You get all your stuff when you want it! Turn one, or two. Belial almost ensures no scatter for turn 2. So there you are, with your worldly possessions, 20 Terminators spread out to devastate.

Your opponent always panics. This seems so unfair. You smile, perhaps gloat a bit. The emperor's finest, in the best of armour seems omnipotent right about now as you split fire and kill a good 10-20 models! HAH! Too easy. That's what you get for going against the heroes of mankind. Suckers!!

Next turn, your opponent's depression turns into a smile as he realizes you only have 20 models. Through sheer weight of fire, even the odd stone gets through your mighty armour. Still only 7 of your highly trained specimens have fallen. That's not too bad is it? Wait... that's 33% of your force! What the heck.... you can't grab that objective anymore... your other squad is down to one guy.... suddenly you're outnumbered 4 to 1 and it's only turn 2!!!

Welcome to Deathwing: The emotional rollercoaster of the gods.

Archived