DakkaDakka Banners.

Dafoo

So, I am still getting used to 7th edition and I had a few questions. A friend of mine is insisting that in 7th edition you can have a battle forged army and use double force orgs as long as you have 1 HQ and 2 troops for each force. I was wondering if this was the case and if so would it be possible to make a greenwing list with two Banners of Devastation. I mean this is not a very fluffy move whatsoever and I am mainly curious if this would work. Also if so why hasn't anyone done so and brought it to a tournament? Anyways thanks for any input. Sorry if the title was misleading lol.

Why would you need two?

You plan to play apoc game or what?

Anyhow, two allied armies upon battlefield still count as one. And on p. 66 in our banner box it states that you can have only one sacred standard in your force.

So it means that you can't even have dakka and fnp banners together

So, I am still getting used to 7th edition and I had a few questions. A friend of mine is insisting that in 7th edition you can have a battle forged army and use double force orgs as long as you have 1 HQ and 2 troops for each force.

Never mind double force orgs - you can have as many detachments as you like as long as you fulfil the minimum requirements. Why you'd want to or need to is another question, of course...

One per Army

Our gaming group sticks to 1 cad 1 ally till we get to 1850  which is our points for including Lords of War as well, our normal games are 1750

(stuff like Legion of the Damned, Inquisitors, Assassins etc. are treat as allies)  

Its not that we've anything against double CAD, Lords of War, Super Heavies or Forge World for that matter its just more practical.

GW gives you basically free reign to do a whole host of things from formations to unbound to Super Heavies and a sky full of planes but its up to you in negotiation with your opponent to set the parameters that will give both of you a decent game I mean most of us regard the Ork codex as a bit of a mess and allow our resident Ork player to take Orks as allies and Orks suit double CAD at 1850+ as well. The 1850 mark seems a good total to include Imperial Knights as an ally giving you a decent chunk for your main force.

So basically agree with your friend some acceptable parameters rather than just taking the book as gospel

Archived