I have, and never will see the appeal of painting Rhino interior. It looks amazing BH but I just don't see the appeal for something you'll never see.

If I get a mastodon though, I think I'd have to do that....

If you don't glue the hatch shut you actually do see it..  It looks pretty cool especially for displaying your army, methinks..

Visually it looks appealing, but I look at how small the interior is compared to the scale of the marine and it just frustrates me. Like 10 toys soldiers can really fit in that. Its like when I don't see the inside its fine, but when I see the inside my imagination shuts down. :(

Sadly this wasn't for my ETL vow... but my (brand new) local GW store had a little painting thing so I through together this guy. The snap-fit marines are just awful to paint but it's done.

ACK sorry those photos were huge and hideous haha... I'll update later. It was a single Blood Drinkers marine.

How do I do the spoiler boxes?

Edited by Chaplain Gunzhard

Visually it looks appealing, but I look at how small the interior is compared to the scale of the marine and it just frustrates me. Like 10 toys soldiers can really fit in that. Its like when I don't see the inside its fine, but when I see the inside my imagination shuts down. :(

To be fair when I look at modern APCs I have a hard time believing a full squad can fit in them as well..

Visually it looks appealing, but I look at how small the interior is compared to the scale of the marine and it just frustrates me. Like 10 toys soldiers can really fit in that. Its like when I don't see the inside its fine, but when I see the inside my imagination shuts down. :sad.:

To be fair when I look at modern APCs I have a hard time believing a full squad can fit in them as well..

Also, Marines remove their bases before they embark.

I have, and never will see the appeal of painting Rhino interior. It looks amazing BH but I just don't see the appeal for something you'll never see.

If I get a mastodon though, I think I'd have to do that....

I paint the inside of transports but of late I've been only doing the basics rather than going to town. Beyond the first time I ever use a new model and my 40K mates inspect it... naturally no-one ever looks again :P

Sadly this wasn't for my ETL vow... but my (brand new) local GW store had a little painting thing so I through together this guy. The snap-fit marines are just awful to paint but it's done.

ACK sorry those photos were huge and hideous haha... I'll update later. It was a single Blood Drinkers marine.

How do I do the spoiler boxes?

[hidden  ]

Image goes here

[/hidden ]

But without the spaces in the square brackets :smile.:

Edited by Charlo

Once I attempted to customize the inside of a rhino by setting a few marines inside to represent getting ready to breach an objective, only about 2-3 marines fit in there and i was really wanting to have the drop hatch open down to marines looking to be charging out. You can do it with a land raider and it looks amazing. Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Yeah I used to paint the insides of vehicles but have given up on that habit, too much effort for something you hardly ever see. Even when you show people the response is generally 'oh cool you painted the inside'...and that was it.

EDC

That's pretty much my experience but I've not kicked the habit yet...