I have a set that always likes rolling 1s. They got demoted to wound counters

The rule I go by. If you're rolling 1s paint the model, if the model is painted, buy new dice

The painted thing could be it, only 20% of my army is painted.... I need to get on it

I have a set that always likes rolling 1s. They got demoted to wound counters

The rule I go by. If you're rolling 1s paint the model, if the model is painted, buy new dice
The painted thing could be it, only 20% of my army is painted.... I need to get on it

I hear tell there's an ETL going on. ;)

Part of the reason I was running such an un-optimised list is because it was all my stuff that I consider painted to a decent standard.

They failed me. I might take the dice out into the country side and bury them...

EDC

Dice to the dice gods, pips to the pip cube! :furious: :furious: :furious:

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Part of the reason I was running such an un-optimised list is because it was all my stuff that I consider painted to a decent standard.

They failed me. I might take the dice out into the country side and bury them...

EDC

That's pretty much how I make lists too. It rarely works in my favor haha.

Managed to nab a pre-built and black sprayed assault squad (one of the new boxes!) from eBay for ~£7.

Both kinds of packs included and magnetized. Also two melta guns!

I've already got two Meltacide though so these guys will probably be something different like plasma - once I tidy up my old jump squad I'll have the models to run the:

Angel's Wrath Intervention Force (White Dwarf 47) - A Vanguard Veteran Squad joins 2 Assault Squads, all with Jump Packs. The formation has to arrive from reserves, but if the Assault Squads arrive 6" from the Vanguard Vets, there's no scattering. In addition, any suckers within 6" of them has to take an S4 AP- hit and are stuck in difficult terrain for the rest of the turn and the beginning of the next. 

Not overly powerful, but considering I plan to run my hand flamer vanguard it should just enforce a lot of dice rolls at least - plus putting something in difficult terrain is a nice meta advantage! Could even be used to bring in some precision Meltacide without the need for a pod.

OH also, second of my Stormraven's arrived! So now I can run a flyer wing and get access to a wing leader.

ALSO because I have no self control and am a massive Dread-Head... I got this too:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/4OkAAOSw8vZXNzoy/$_57.JPG

Edited by Charlo

Playing a 2000 point game today. I'm going to be dusting off the jump packs, fast tanks, and drop pods!

Baal Strike Force

HQ - Chaplain (WL)/Inferno Pistol/Jump Pack/Veritas Vitae

HQ - Sanguinary Priest/Jump Pack/ Power Fist

Troop - 5 scouts ccw/bp

Troop - 10 Tacticals /Flamer/Heavy Flamer/Combi flamer/Drop Pod

Elite - 5 DC /Jump packs/1 Power axe

Elite - 5 DC/ Jump packs/1 Power sword

Elite - 5 Sanguinary Guard /1 Power fist

Elite - Furioso Dread / Heavy flamer/Frag cannon/Drop Pod

Fast - 5 Asm / 2 Melta Gun/ Gunslinger inferno Sarge/Drop pod

Fast - Razorback (stock)

Heavy - Vindicator /Overcharged Engines/Siege Shield/Storm Bolter

Heavy - Sicaran Tank /LasCannon Sponsons/Schism of Mars

LoW - DANTE

Mainly taking the list for hopefully a fun game, and to celebrate/christen my Dante I just finished painting for the ETL V.

No idea what my opponent will bring, but hopefully I'll be Necroing the "Death Company Killed..." post today with glorious slaughter!

Edited by Slothysaur

Well I got put down pretty badly by a huge IG blob of 50(ish) Guardsmen with 5 or 6 power axes sprinkled in and 5 flamers, 3 ministorium priests(?), a SW priest of some kind that gave the whole unit preferred  enemy (infantry) and FnP(6+), and 6 SW Librarians of which were part of the Wyrmhood Brotherhood(?) formation. The pykers constantly had the spell from the SW discipline that gives the whole unit Shrouded and were casting the formation specific spell that just pumped 2D6 Str 7 shots+1D6 extra for each member of the brotherhood on the board, and 6's to hit generated 2 more additional hits. Add in all the preferred enemy and my inability to roll higher than a 2 and it made for a brutal experience. Oh and Pasque and his tank squad were sitting in the back corner shooting whatever moved and there was a Stormfang (that my Sicaran one shotted). 

What I learned today: SW and IG are BFFs

I've got a 1500pt game on Friday against a friend's Space Marines. Unfortunately, his marines are designed for one thing; Slaughtering Marines. It's a Badab War era Howling Griffons force, lots of plasma and melta, and a good dose of grav too. I'm not sure what to bring. Any ideas?

I've got a 1500pt game on Friday against a friend's Space Marines. Unfortunately, his marines are designed for one thing; Slaughtering Marines. It's a Badab War era Howling Griffons force, lots of plasma and melta, and a good dose of grav too. I'm not sure what to bring. Any ideas?

That's a tough one. Perhaps Scouts and speeders are my first thoughts, just because they're pretty cheap and with camo cloaks you'll at least get a save, even if it's only a 6+ in the open.

Speeders, go for the Typhoon variety and sit them back field pumping out rockets.

Maybe some auto-Las press for armour/support?

I clutching at straws a little here!

EDC

Well I got put down pretty badly by a huge IG blob of 50(ish) Guardsmen with 5 or 6 power axes sprinkled in and 5 flamers, 3 ministorium priests(?), a SW priest of some kind that gave the whole unit preferred enemy (infantry) and FnP(6+), and 6 SW Librarians of which were part of the Wyrmhood Brotherhood(?) formation. The pykers constantly had the spell from the SW discipline that gives the whole unit Shrouded and were casting the formation specific spell that just pumped 2D6 Str 7 shots+1D6 extra for each member of the brotherhood on the board, and 6's to hit generated 2 more additional hits. Add in all the preferred enemy and my inability to roll higher than a 2 and it made for a brutal experience. Oh and Pasque and his tank squad were sitting in the back corner shooting whatever moved and there was a Stormfang (that my Sicaran one shotted).

What I learned today: SW and IG are BFFs

First and foremost the imps blob is easy to deal with, you either ignore it, or force him to play around you. That many bodies, moving and staying in unit coherency can get flooded. So you manipulate his movement phase by putting up chafe units or rhinos/etc. even if he multi assaults the tanks he doesn't get a consolidation roll and they are super slow. Pasque and his squadron a different animal, if he's playing punishers you out range him with the sicarian, or you drop pod in on him, unless he's bubble wrapped, in which case his threat range is 30" so you again use the movement phase to dictate what he can do. If he's playing executioners, he will have range, and you'll just have to tough it out, but sniper Preds and dreads are great counters to it because you effectively a have 52-58" threat range to his 42" so keep that In mind.

If he was playing wolf star then that's a whole different ball game. But honestly play to the mission and ignore pumping all the shots into that 50man blob unless you have loads of flame templates, or you challenge out the Psykers. Also with DtW save all your dice for the spell you really don't want to deal with.

Post a couple of list so we can help. :)

The best way to deal with MEQ is weight of fire. Math hammer for every 3 wounds you give statistically 1 fails. I have found that sternguard are a fantastic go to for MEQvsMEQ. You fire hellfire rounds against anything that isn't in the open and within 12" and vengeance rounds against anything 3+ or worse in the open. Kraken against most Xenos that aren't MCs and dragonfire against 5+ or worse in cover.

I like a priest with an auspex in the unit as well. Tactical squads with melta/combi-melta and heavy Flamers are great units as well. Don't worry so much about plasma and grav as long as you stick to cover.

The thing we need more than other chapters is to get into assault and win on the charge. It's one of the reasons I have started taking power weapons on my sergeants, because if we lose the first round we are just vanilla marines but worse. And prolonged combats without a secondary charge will net us more loss than gain, it's something I've personally struggled with lately.

Baal Preds are also great at chewing up some MEQs as the weight of fire really helps against bodies. I also really love the utility of a 2:2 ratio of Lascannon + Missile Launcher devastator squadron sometimes with a combi flamer or plasma on the sergeant and 2 extra marines for chafe wounds. It is a great anti-armor/MEQ unit that does a lot of work. Typhoon pattern land speeders are another fantastic option as you shoot loads of missiles with lots of speed, but for them to work relatively well, you need to saturate your opponent with immediate threats, because if he's shooting at your speeders something is going wrong.

Do you have a lot of stuff to work with? Post a couple of lists in the army list section so we can review! :)

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Oh, yes. The wolves are what made/added to the mess. I think a less punchy list would have helped as well. The 2 not pasque tanks had the long range str8 ap3 cannons. I could have prioritized better. In the end most of the objectives I kept generating were meh (the BA one where he picks two objectives for me to cap comes to mind). Not trying to complain of course, there were just as many bad decisions on my part as bad rolls lol. I learned a lot and am better prepared for a similar match the next go round.

Playing a 2000 point game today. I'm going to be dusting off the jump packs, fast tanks, and drop pods!

Baal Strike Force

HQ - Chaplain (WL)/Inferno Pistol/Jump Pack/Veritas Vitae

HQ - Sanguinary Priest/Jump Pack/ Power Fist

Troop - 5 scouts ccw/bp

Troop - 10 Tacticals /Flamer/Heavy Flamer/Combi flamer/Drop Pod

Elite - 5 DC /Jump packs/1 Power axe

Elite - 5 DC/ Jump packs/1 Power sword

Elite - 5 Sanguinary Guard /1 Power fist

Elite - Furioso Dread / Heavy flamer/Frag cannon/Drop Pod

Fast - 5 Asm / 2 Melta Gun/ Gunslinger inferno Sarge/Drop pod

Fast - Razorback (stock)

Heavy - Sicaran Tank /LasCannon Sponsons/Schism of Mars

LoW - DANTE

Mainly taking the list for hopefully a fun game, and to celebrate/christen my Dante I just finished painting for the ETL V.

No idea what my opponent will bring, but hopefully I'll be Necroing the "Death Company Killed..." post today with glorious slaughter!

I am not sure how much meltabombs was in platoon (in my meta they rarely seen in platoons) - but there was a great option to lock down whole unit with furioso.

But whole strategy should consider these circumstances - if assault you will be lossing 2 units at turn effectivly - maybe more. If you don't assault - you should make sure that you can beat opponent with missions. Big restriction for 50 man guard blob - they score only 1 objective at turn.

If there is no (1 or 2) meltabombs in blob - strategic task is to assault blob with furioso - so the best option for saving him when he drops is 1) give opponents as many secondary targets as you can 2) hide furioso that he can't be shot at (block los with tanks/rhinos/pods)

First turn I would hold back and get prepared for rush attack at 2-nd turn. If Terrain would allow - i would droped first wave of pods into LoS-blocking ruin or something. If not - drop 2 emptypods - opponents will crush passangers anyway.

But then - at the 2-nd turn i would rushed all army forward - vindicators-sicaran aimed for Pask - razor flatouts covering arrived furioso - all jump packed units lands as close as possible to blob. Combat-squaded tacticals and assault marines runs forward.

It's very likely that you'll lose all DC 1 vindicator and maybe razorback - but next turn - you grill and lock down blob - shoot at minor infantry - vindicators-sicaran still shoot and pask.

I would consider this tactic as.. intresting.

Otherwise - we can always play safe hiding at corners and scoring missions.

But in general - it's not the worst case) White scars conclave with invisibility/4++ and artifact eye can make 5 lascanon teams be pretty effective and unlocking in combat)

I missed that opportunity with the furioso, with a huge mistake that left him open to the SW formation psychic power (that I still can't remember the name of). One thing that my opponent argued against, and the store owner agreed upon, was that even though his blob could only contol one objective, it could still contest multiple others. This way he kept 3 completely away from me. I have been under the impression that a huge squad like that could NOT contest multiple objectives. Either way, my first time playing against a list like that, I had enough mistakes that that ruling wouldn't of saved me lol.

Had to finish this model clogging up my ETL pledge.

HH 30k Blood Angel aligned Expeditionary Navigator. Converted the stock model, he's holding his Archeotech Pistol instead of his cane.

First time I used weathering powders and probably 6 years since I painted a face, pretty happy overall. On to the ETL pledge now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/2_zps8kdvowox.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/1_zpsvskgxlr9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/3_zpsmupv0qci.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/4_zps2vwtmsch.jpg

Over the weekend we had mad rainstorms, so I managed to finish up some further Thunderhawk parts for ETL, and interspersed a couple of infantry figures to keep things engaging. The number of large flat panels is quickly turning me off a second vehicle vow, so some passengers will probably be next on the block instead. Perhaps a big block of tac termies to go back to the old school.