This wasn't today, but I just didn't have time to get around to posting it in a timely fashion.  Working on my counts-as-Dante for the ETL, I had to learn how to pin after his top-heavy idiocy caused his axe to snap.  I had no proper materials to use, so I snipped off the pin from a pushpin and used that, and it has held ever since (though I also glued a nickel to his base to keep him upright, maybe that's what's doing it).  Little successes like this make me want to have a reason to do it more.  Since I'm about to assemble a bunch of DC I might wind up with the most time consuming but sturdy little fellas in the world.

No ETL progress.. But I nearly finished my Biker sergeant, which means my biker squad will be finished, photographed and posted on my army thread tonight.. which means the OCD manchild in me can peacefully go back to working on my ETL models as of this weekend.

Team game tonight. 4 players 1k each, no idea what anyone else is bringing. I'm taking a mixed bag including a flamestorm Baal, Cassor the dammed, AoBR MM dread, bikes, scouts and DC. I was quite surprised by how much stuff you can actually squeeze into 1k.

EDC

Aye - without a deathstar or big elite unit you can get a lot of good, budget power into 1k for sure!

Had a planned game tomorrow, and bumped into my opponent this afternoon and we confirmed particulars. But then I came home and BAM Bad brain day. Well, bad brain evening. There's no way I'll be able to do everything I've got planned for the next few days, and something had to give.

Sigh. At least this way I'll be able to have a bit of a sleep in. 

Thanks, Charlo. On good days, it's easy to forget that I'm not actually particularly well, but life never forgets :tongue.: I'm hoping to get some hobby work done tomorrow instead, now that I've resupplied my paintbox. Maybe I'll be able to get my scouts knocked out!

Thanks, Charlo. On good days, it's easy to forget that I'm not actually particularly well, but life never forgets :tongue.: I'm hoping to get some hobby work done tomorrow instead, now that I've resupplied my paintbox. Maybe I'll be able to get my scouts knocked out!

All the best :)

Edited by Jolemai

Six days to get your first vow in.

If there's the off chance you're going to paint anything over the next ~ two months why not pledge it for our cause?

Seriously folks, if you're painting anything please follow the quote link above and support us. If you have any concern at all, just drop me a PM.

No ETL progress.. But I nearly finished my Biker sergeant, which means my biker squad will be finished, photographed and posted on my army thread tonight.. which means the OCD manchild in me can peacefully go back to working on my ETL models as of this weekend.

I made huge progress on this model, but still not finished (bikes take long and boy, did I really do my BEST on this thing..) it will be posted later this weekend :)

I started painting my first BA model in about 4 months last night.

Finished the first of 10 Combi-equipped Sternguard Vets. Really happy with the way he came out. 

I'll try to get some pics up on my Redeemers thread soon.

Got my first game against a Genestealer cult / Tyranid combo tonight, using the new mat we bought at the Games Expo at the NEC last week. I cant wait. :)

Well, my doubles game was interesting. I was paired with Eldar, against 2 Tau players.

We played big guns never tire with 5 objectives, my side got to place 3 objectives. The Tau turtled up in the corner with both their objectives.

High/Low lights:

The Tau players brought 3 riptides between them :/

The Eldar did most of the heavy lifting.

I immobilised my Flamestorm Baal T1 Flat out-ing into terrain. The only further contribution it made was firing it's HK missile and killing a broadside.

My Scouts held 2 objectives all game, securing the win ;)

My hit rate for shooting at the end of turn 2 was about 5% (seriously need to bury my dice)

My MM dread got immobilised just out of range of their castling area.

Cassor dread failed to charge anything. I think dreads should get some kind of armour save against anything >ap3...

Death Company spent 5 turns of the game trying to get close enough to pinch something. Only 1 DC left and the Chappy when they finally Caught a commander and finished hin off.

EDC

Well, my doubles game was interesting. I was paired with Eldar, against 2 Tau players.

We played big guns never tire with 5 objectives, my side got to place 3 objectives. The Tau turtled up in the corner with both their objectives.

High/Low lights:

The Tau players brought 3 riptides between them :/

The Eldar did most of the heavy lifting.

I immobilised my Flamestorm Baal T1 Flat out-ing into terrain. The only further contribution it made was firing it's HK missile and killing a broadside.

My Scouts held 2 objectives all game, securing the win :wink:

My hit rate for shooting at the end of turn 2 was about 5% (seriously need to bury my dice)

My MM dread got immobilised just out of range of their castling area.

Cassor dread failed to charge anything. I think dreads should get some kind of armour save against anything >ap3...

Death Company spent 5 turns of the game trying to get close enough to pinch something. Only 1 DC left and the Chappy when they finally Caught a commander and finished hin off.

EDC

This is why you can  never have enough Drop Pods.

The first 5 were already 1/3 painted. :/

If it's not too late I can vow the other 5.

It's not too late!

My ETL progress continues, work on the razorback and the librarian is underway. I guess I can finish both this weekend...

Edited by Xenith