The beauty of the BA section is that we generally are one of the more relaxed boards. We keep the Rage in check :biggrin.:

Unless there is an argument about jinking on overwatch or something :wink:

Right? I have my thoughts on this, but will refrain from stirring the pot any further.

Honestly, it is not just this form nor these boards, it is across the platform of 40k. Beards raging about this and that, I don't mind some disgruntlement, but toy soldiers should not turn a part of the community into levels of toxicity that seem to have come to a boiling point. 

The beauty of the BA section is that we generally are one of the more relaxed boards. We keep the Rage in check :biggrin.:

Unless there is an argument about jinking on overwatch or something :wink:

Right? I have my thoughts on this, but will refrain from stirring the pot any further.

Honestly, it is not just this form nor these boards, it is across the platform of 40k. Beards raging about this and that, I don't mind some disgruntlement, but toy soldiers should not turn a part of the community into levels of toxicity that seem to have come to a boiling point. 

I find that the entire B&C is a rather awesome and friendly place to be.

Why don't the sisters get a custom ETL banner? :sad.: That BA one looks cool!

Edited by Servant of Dante

I started painting my first BA model in about 4 months last night.

Finished the first of 10 Combi-equipped Sternguard Vets. Really happy with the way he came out. 

I'll try to get some pics up on my Redeemers thread soon.

Got my first game against a Genestealer cult / Tyranid combo tonight, using the new mat we bought at the Games Expo at the NEC last week. I cant wait. :smile.:

Please tell how it turns out. I play both BA and filthy Nid/GSC xenos scum  :biggrin.: 

I started painting my first BA model in about 4 months last night.

Finished the first of 10 Combi-equipped Sternguard Vets. Really happy with the way he came out. 

I'll try to get some pics up on my Redeemers thread soon.

Got my first game against a Genestealer cult / Tyranid combo tonight, using the new mat we bought at the Games Expo at the NEC last week. I cant wait. :smile.:

Please tell how it turns out. I play both BA and filthy Nid/GSC xenos scum  :biggrin.:

Me too. shhh.

This is the base for my Stormraven.  I will put more on it before I'm done, I was just experimenting with agrellan earth to try to make it look wind-swept.  I think it turned out okay, but I might strip it and do something else.  We were talking about it in the ETL thread so I figured I would post a pic now that it's dry.  This was done by putting some very very thin coats on as a base coat, thin enough that it didn't crack.  Then I did a couple layers of still pretty thin kind of squiggles down the base to get some very fine crackling in little heaps.  

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Tyriks/IMG_1105_zpsczeicntc.jpg

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Tyriks/IMG_1107_zpsm1k6p1ds.jpg

This is the base for my Stormraven.  I will put more on it before I'm done, I was just experimenting with agrellan earth to try to make it look wind-swept.  I think it turned out okay, but I might strip it and do something else.  We were talking about it in the ETL thread so I figured I would post a pic now that it's dry.  This was done by putting some very very thin coats on as a base coat, thin enough that it didn't crack.  Then I did a couple layers of still pretty thin kind of squiggles down the base to get some very fine crackling in little heaps.  

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Tyriks/IMG_1105_zpsczeicntc.jpg

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Tyriks/IMG_1107_zpsm1k6p1ds.jpg

Ok, I'm sold on Agrellan Earth.  I'll be ordering some soon.

Edited by appiah5

Glad you like it :) Like last year, this was a gift from one of our Frater (Mandaloriano) for this year's event. Maybe you can roll with us for ETL VI and get one then ;)

Glad you like it :smile.: Like last year, this was a gift from one of our Frater (Mandaloriano) for this year's event. Maybe you can roll with us for ETL VI and get one then :wink:

I'll not be drawn away from the TRUE light of the Emperor and his holy Ecclesiarchy by petty promises of digital trinkets! You shall have to be investigated for the taint of HERESY! :tongue.:

Possibly playing in a Kill Team Scenario mission called "Knight's Fall" Where you have 200 points within the rules of Kill Team, and you join forces with other players to take down an Imperial Knight/Renegade Knight that is destroying an Imperial World. Not sure if the boys in red are up to the task. Thoughts? I've been thinking about taking two, five man tactical squads. One with a combi-melta, melta bombs and a missile launcher, and two with a combi-melta, melta bombs and a plasma cannon. I thought about taking a Multi-Melta instead, but I'd rather have the range, and AP2, plus it seems a bit more narrative driven.

Edit: I should mention that there will be gun turrets and other ordanace drop caches your models can grab as well as unique wargear or booby traps!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

umm... assault marines with melta guns seem perfect for the above scenario?

5 assault marines (with jump packs) and 2 melta guns.

5 tactical marines with a multi melta and combi melta.

put melta bombs on both sergeants.

200 points

assault marines give you some mobility which could be handy (move to positions where the knight has no LoS, or just to get into good cover whilst making your way to the knight.

tacticals are your support unit, combi melta has about enough range that it can work as a weapon to fire ahead of the assault marines (assuming you dont mind snap firing sometimes). melta bombs on both sergeants for if/when things go south.

Edited by Blindhamster

13007339_1107580142627341_58838048107140

I don't think 10 ASM are ready for this. Being able to use jump packs I have thought about it. But so many dangerous terrain checks. there are also gun emplacements all along the edges of the city, and you can see the "road" in the middle that the Knights will be walking through. Depending on the number of players, the Knights numbers will vary. We are hoping for a HUGE turn out though. You also risk OVERWATCH which if the knight chooses can go into recon mode and if you move into LOS he gets to blast that model. So its more about sneaking around than high mobility.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Painting Grey is such a pain, i almost have time to paint a thin line that it dry....^^. Currently testing an improved Knights of Blood scheme, using Eshing Grey instead of Mechanicum, and Dawnstone instead of Administratum.

Since, there are few to none exemples of Knigths of Blood, i will intend to provide the community with exemples for :

- Tactical Squad

- Assault Squad

- Devastator Squad

- Rhino/Razoback

- Baal Predator

- Furioso Dreadnought

- Assault Terminators Squad

- Captain

- Knights of Blood kitbash Seth

- Sanguinary Priest

- Sanguinary Guard

- Command Squad / Veterans

I think that, when i will be over with this list, i might be good for asylum^^.

Letting the knights overwatch is silly.

Good luck in this game, but I don't think you'll make it out alive!

Also, more progress in the ETL vow, librarian and razor finished.

It is a modified overwatch. The Knight must give up shooting and assault to go into overwatch, then if a model is within 12"and the model passes the knight's LoS then he must take an initiative test, if passed he may fire up to 2 weapons at the model, but can never fire more times than weapons he has available, nor use the same weapon (although if there are two of the same weapons profiles on the model) on any other model. There are also objectives and the like.

Edit: looks like I got my days wrong, AoS is in full swing today :( oh well more time to prep!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Waiting for a day with low humidity to mass prime some models for my 3rd etl vow (still undecided). Only problem is waiting for low humidity in Florida is a useless endeavor... Maybe an airbrush should be my next purchase, any suggestions brothers?

So I felt like I made good progress on my ETL vow yesterday, I've been highlighting with my airbrush and am much happier with how everything looks. I even started going in on the details on the Razorback.

Judging from my progress so far I suspect that everything won't be yo my very best standard if I want to finish my vow but it should all be 'above tabletop'.

The only issue I had was that the masking tape I used did pull some paint off.

EDC

Decided Antor Delassio isn't splendid enough to be Dante... Instead he'll be a Priest as I am lacking in a Jump Priest. May even keep the Deathwatch arm on him for fun!

Instead I'll kit-bash Dante from a few bits... Hopefully get something real special.

The only issue I had was that the masking tape I used did pull some paint off.

EDC

I used the super expensive artist's masking tape, which worked really well. But it was expensive, and almost seemed to peel off if you looked at it funny.

Charlo: DEFINITELY leave the Deathwatch arm! It'll be a great little spot of extra detail. Plus, I definitely think Delassio will make a great jumppack priest. How will you be arming him?

Edited by CaptainHelion

Charlo: DEFINITELY leave the Deathwatch arm! It'll be a great little spot of extra detail. Plus, I definitely think Delassio will make a great jumppack priest. How will you be arming him?

I'll snip off the chainsword and make it into a power sword for Valour's Edge. Probably keep the hand flamer on him otherwise for fun.

Also give him a helmet, as he is not a Librarian or Corbulo.