Congrats on your victory general :thumbsup:

Surveillance indicates that the Xenos contraption you faced has been designated a Warp Hunter via the Tech Adepts of the Ministratum. How did you fare against it's eldritch D-Flail and how did it perform in general?

What's the stats on the Anvilus autocannon again? A s8 autocannon with sunder?

STR 8, Heavy 4, Sunder. 

It is also Twin-linked and the Deredeo has BS5.

So those four shots ARE going to hit and ARE going to chew up those hull points, all from the safe distance of 48" away!

I welcome your praise, Reclusiarch - our fury and fire is what won the day.

Actual quotes from my opponent: 

• "I did NOT expect this much Flamer and Melta...!?!"
  • "I didn't think assault squads could take Melta guns, let alone four?"
  • *Silence as the Frag Cannon removes all five Wraithguard* ;)

The Warp Hunter was an initial worry and intelligence first reported that it could launch a multiple D-level barrage. But like all Xenos tanks it lacks any sort of real protection. While four brothers perished to it's Destroyer template (a secondary fire that caught us regrettably by surprise), it was summarily executed from across the field by Brother Donatellus from his Relic Deredeo internment.

Surveillance indicates that the Xenos contraption you faced has been designated a Warp Hunter via the Tech Adepts of the Ministratum. How did you fare against it's eldritch D-Flail and how did it perform in general?

STR 8, Heavy 4, Sunder. 

So those four shots ARE going to hit and ARE going to chew up those hull points, all from the safe distance of 48" away!

I welcome your praise, Reclusiarch - our fury and fire is what won the day.

Actual quotes from my opponent: 

• "I did NOT expect this much Flamer and Melta...!?!"
  • "I didn't think assault squads could take Melta guns, let alone four?"
  • *Silence as the Frag Cannon removes all five Wraithguard* :wink:

The Warp Hunter was an initial worry and intelligence first reported that it could launch a multiple D-level barrage. But like all Xenos tanks it lacks any sort of real protection. While four brothers perished to it's Destroyer template (a secondary fire that caught us regrettably by surprise), it was summarily executed from across the field by Brother Donatellus from his Relic Deredeo internment.

That's brilliant. I have a big game coming up against one of my rivals soon. The arms race is about to boil over, and I think we are going to play a 4k game (2,000 per side) near the end of August, and so I need to get back to my ETL duties. I really enjoyed the Batrep Charlo, and congrats on the win! 

STR 8, Heavy 4, Sunder. 

:wub.::wub.::wub.::wub.::wub.::wub.: It's a shame shipping to the ends of the Earth is so much

I'm pretty much never leaving home without it now.

Also didn't realise that it had extra armour as standard, so I could have moved in one of my turns :wacko.:

I'm super tempted to obtain a 3rd Raven and run the formation... Deep Striking Dreads that can charge seem like a dream come true - problem is I'll need to paint up another 20 tacs :P

I'm pretty much never leaving home without it now.

Also didn't realise that it had extra armour as standard, so I could have moved in one of my turns :wacko.:

I'm super tempted to obtain a 3rd Raven and run the formation... Deep Striking Dreads that can charge seem like a dream come true - problem is I'll need to paint up another 20 tacs :tongue.:

Might want to check the BRB draft FAQ on that one. Namely the fact that bubble effects from vehicles no longer work so you'd need to Skies of Fury your Tactical Sergeants to get it to work...

Do i understand correctly that ETL vows are alloved to be basecoatet from the start? And you can have up to three vows?

edit: put the question in the wrong thread.... Cant figure how to delete it -.-

Edited by Jønke

So guess which chapter got top billing in the BFG:A Marine Trailer?

Why.... THE BEST ONE OF COURSE:

That is motherflippin' awesome!

Weird that it's a Sanguinary Guard, they give up their rank and don't tend to lead forces. They do however become legend

I thought they were only going to have IF in BFG, nice to see we were included as well. Need to find time to start playing again....

Indeed, Total War: Warhammer completely subsumed me. Empire and Dwarf campaign completed and sent Archaon packing, that was a good fight.

So guess which chapter got top billing in the BFG:A Marine Trailer?

Why.... THE BEST ONE OF COURSE:

That is motherflippin' awesome!

Weird that it's a Sanguinary Guard, they give up their rank and don't tend to lead forces. They do however become legend

I thought they were only going to have IF in BFG, nice to see we were included as well. Need to find time to start playing again....

Indeed, Total War: Warhammer completely subsumed me. Empire and Dwarf campaign completed and sent Archaon packing, that was a good fight.

Don't forget eternal crusade! That's s lot of fun, but yeah total warhammer is hard to stop....

I couldn't watch with the sound on, but are sanguinary guard mentioned I that trailer for BFG?

Both suit BA fine, as both variants will be getting up close with the foe along with the majority of the rest of your army. So maybe the decision should be depending on your gaming circle and who you play? A Redeemer will shine if you fight a lot of power armour for example - that said a Crusader works against everything well enough and at a longer range.

I magnetised my Crusader/Redeemer so I am fortunate that I can pick and choose but in my experience the Redeemer performs worse. Not that the Crusader is better but that with it's AP3 Flamestorms most of my opponents will not let it live long enough!

You can fit a full DC squad plus supporting character in a Crusader... Not something you'd want to do all the time but it's a nice option to have!

I too have magnetised mine but have only used the Crusader to date. Increased transport is a plus but I think Hurricane bolters are better with both longer range and being able to put out 6 twin-linked shots each side within 12". Redeemer is ten points cheaper though and with Blood Angels you'll find yourself getting close to the enemy anyways.

That 10pts you save makes for a pretty tasty Multimelta, too. The multimelta is actually a great buy for either the Redeemer or the Crusader. The range pairs well with the Assault Cannons and the Hurricane Bolters, and provides some extra ranged punch for when you're not quite in range with the Flamestorms. It's also good for popping tanking characters in squads you wanna mulch, although this is a much less common occurrence. AP1 ignores all armour, and S8 will double out anyone short of a biker or an Ork Warboss. Just don't try it on anyone with the Shield Eternal, or equivalent gear.

I'm thinking I'm leaning towards the redeemer. As you guys said it can have a multi melta on it plus i think the 12 transport should be enough. It's only ever going to be mephys or seths ride plus i plan on using it with either my vindicator and jp death company or my guard with the demolisher's so hopefully give my opponent too many targets.

In also hoping flamestorm's will get torrent in the next dex. Thank you brothers for you input