Sanguinius doesn't fight Kurze/ Night Haunter because of thier mutual precognition.

It'll end in an eternal stalemate with them each predicting each others moves until, probably Kurze wins as he knows literally no mercy and Sanguinius always would have a shred in him.

So then how did the Lion win? If Kurze can predict every move and stand up to the greatest melee primarch short of Angron, how can he lose so pitifully to the Lion in Angels of Caliban?

But that's not exactly what happened. Sanguinius did actually end up beating Kurze, but hesitated because he thought he could be redeemed. I the end his men all were killed for it and Azkaelon lost his arm.

Spoiler just in case 

So sanguinius does get the better of Kurze in their briefish fight, but Sanguinius hesitates which allows Kurze to wreck the guard and Azkaelon? I should probably just read the books myself, i just remember reading on here that it was pretty even and sanguinius lets him go to save Azkaelon or something...

Kurze and Sanguinius never actually fight, Kurze infiltrates aboard said ship to confront him and attempt to pursuade him that chaos is inevitable and that he has forsaw sanguinius death. Giving the opportunity for sanguinius to kill him, again knowing that his death comes at the hand of an assassin and sanguinius will not kill him.

And Kurze's death was his proof to the emperor that his visions prior and future are all inevitable, and that there is only war in the future.

This I pulled from a wiki about Kurze

Haunted by visions of Sanguinius' death aboard the Vengeful Spirit, Curze then infiltrated the "Emperor" of Imperium Secundus' throne room on Macragge. Badly wounding Azkaellon and using him as a hostage, Curze revealed to the Angel that he not only foresaw the death of Sanguinius, but his own as well. Curze had come to believe that the scattering of the Primarchs, his own life on Nostramo, the Horus Heresy, and his own eventual death by the Officio Assassinorum were all part of a grand scheme by the Emperor. The Night Haunter wished to know why Sanguinius chose to be a "slave" to the Emperor and why he had not accepted the offer of Daemons on Signus Prime to become their champion. When Sanguinius expressed his continued faith in their father, Curze gave the Angel a chance to strike him down, an offer Sanguinius refused and instead pleaded to the Night Haunter that there was still final chance to join the loyalists and seek redemption. Stating that Horus' rebellion was nothing in the grand scheme of things, the galaxy was doomed to eternal war, and only Chaos existed in the end, Curze set off an explosive trap and escaped from the throne room.[9]

And this from Sanguinius

Later during the Battle of Sotha while Guilliman and Lion El'Jonson were both away, Sanguinius was confronted by Konrad Curze, who had infiltrated his throne room on Macragge and badly wounded Azkaellon. Curze confided that he had foreseen Sanguinius' death on the Vengeful Spirit and wanted to know why the Angel still followed the Emperor when their mutual visions had proven his teachings to have been lies. He also asked why Sanguinius had rejected Kyriss' officer atSignus Prime and if the Angel felt he was more deserving of the title of Warmaster than Horus, to which Sanguinius responded he was not. Trying to teach Sanguinius that fate could not be changed and that his own death would not be here, Curze let Sanguinius come at him with his sword and goaded him to cut him down. Sanguinius ultimately halted his sword, urging Curze that it was not to late to change and join with his loyalist brothers. Proclaming there was only Chaos in the end, Curze set off an explosive trap and escaped.#

+++ MESSAGE RECIEVED +++

+++ UPLOADING +++

[File damaged] ... Planet Antlecht Outpost Omega lost ... Inquisitor Findecano missing ... attacked by [File damaged] ... heavy losses from the 1st Company ... [File damaged] ... requires extraction ...

[File damaged] request that [File damaged] [File damaged] a [File damaged]

+++ transmission lost +++

+++ MESSAGE RECIEVED +++

+++ UPLOADING +++

[File damaged] ... Planet Antlecht Outpost Omega lost ... Inquisitor Findecano missing ... attacked by [File damaged] ... heavy losses from the 1st Company ... [File damaged] ... requires extraction ...

[File damaged] request that [File damaged] [File damaged] a [File damaged]

+++ transmission lost +++

+++Suggest upgrading threat level+++

Exterminatus Extremis

Send in the Death Company

progress in the last couple days consists of:

painting bases for the sternguard, contemptor, sanguinary guard, dante, corbulo and command squad.

doing first set of highlights on remaining tactical marines.

adding first lot of shading to sanguinary guard, blocking out some other colours on sanguinary guard too (I LOVE the forgeworld grey knight metal colour), undercoating their wings (not pictured)

Blocking in all the silver areas on rhino and predator, doing the shading on the rhino.

gallery_14877_7794_321773.jpg

Sanguinius doesn't fight Kurze/ Night Haunter because of thier mutual precognition.

It'll end in an eternal stalemate with them each predicting each others moves until, probably Kurze wins as he knows literally no mercy and Sanguinius always would have a shred in him.

So then how did the Lion win? If Kurze can predict every move and stand up to the greatest melee primarch short of Angron, how can he lose so pitifully to the Lion in Angels of Caliban?

But that's not exactly what happened. Sanguinius did actually end up beating Kurze, but hesitated because he thought he could be redeemed. I the end his men all were killed for it and Azkaelon lost his arm.

Spoiler just in case 

So sanguinius does get the better of Kurze in their briefish fight, but Sanguinius hesitates which allows Kurze to wreck the guard and Azkaelon? I should probably just read the books myself, i just remember reading on here that it was pretty even and sanguinius lets him go to save Azkaelon or something...

Kurze and Sanguinius never actually fight, 

... Yes they do...

Sanguinius’ wings twitched. He doubted he would survive this encounter; Curze had taxed both the Lion and Guilliman when they had fought him together.... [a little ways later in]...His sword was met by a claw. Curze’s return blow he expected, parrying it with his sword. And the next, and the next. He saw an opening. Curze closed it. Curze moved to gut him, Sanguinius was elsewhere. This went beyond anticipation. He saw.

They fought around the throne hall, the Angel and the Night Haunter. At speeds the normal human eye would struggle to follow, they matched each other blow for blow. Both saw their foe’s next movement before it occurred, and countered appropriately. Sanguinius’ visions, ordinarily so infrequent, poured through his head in a maddening torrent.

For long minutes they clashed, neither able to gain the advantage.

By unspoken agreement, the two of them parted. Curze’s stink was much increased by his exertion, Sanguinius’ flawless skin was sheened with perspiration. They panted lightly."

However, they do quit because Curze wanted to talk rather than fight
Edited by Arkangilos

progress in the last couple days consists of:

painting bases for the sternguard, contemptor, sanguinary guard, dante, corbulo and command squad.

doing first set of highlights on remaining tactical marines.

adding first lot of shading to sanguinary guard, blocking out some other colours on sanguinary guard too (I LOVE the forgeworld grey knight metal colour), undercoating their wings (not pictured)

Blocking in all the silver areas on rhino and predator, doing the shading on the rhino.

gallery_14877_7794_321773.jpg

This looks great! Really good use of different bits and nice poses. Also i would really like to see a close up of that dante :)

I'd want to see them include hands like most of the ones on shapeways... also are they flat? As they need to not be flat :tongue.:

The designer is looking at including anvil industry shield arms with them. And yes, they are flat. However with either heating the back with a lighter, using a heat gun, or oven, then bending over a curved surface like a pipe, you'll get that slight curve.

£2.5 per shield, or Euro, wasn't sure.

Euro. Check ML-shields post in News forum, on one of the pages should be a pricing guide. Since this design is now, well, designed, should be 2.50 per shield plus postage and paypal fee. All in euros

Some paint on them :drool:

Any chance of some with just a plain blood drop? No wing and no IX?

That looks great, but for me personally, I'd have more use for a shield with just a blood drop.

There aren't current plans for that design right now, I don't think. However you can always request a unique and exclusive or simply unique design, for an extra cost. So just the blood drop, and anything else you'd be interested in on it.

Now, some painted shields with a size comparison.

13524514_1125806170798693_2325708353794113528435_1125806147465362_64221562570367