I hope so. My main opponant is a tyranid player, so we really did well out of the Campaign Deathstorm. I'd love to see them revisit it. I do wonder if they will however, as the Space Wolf one is now approaching its second instalment and logically you'd think they would finish one before the other.

Chainswords crossed

Well BA probably the most popular SM equivalent for illustration purposes. And it's fairly popular among army painters. Not to mention one of the best ornamented/sculpted models for space marines.

And well - blood angels were the boys from the cover for the first editions in mid 90's

Game tonight!

Going to use the same list as last time mainly: Dread Drop 1500

It's against Orks and I know two things:

• He's bringing a Super Heavy with some sort of Kill Kannon, but this only seems to be AP4 at the best.
  • He dislikes Death Company :laugh.:

Going to update the list a little and post in the topic.

Take a looksee ;)

Can't wait to see how things go! Squad Burner is going to have a lot of fun, I think.

I'm fully expecting to land, absolutely burninate something, then face the angry Green-Repercussions!

But then burninate them when they try and charge me with 4D3 hits from the flamers again.

Oh and the points meant I could fit a Deathwind Launcher onto the pod too :thumbsup: so now they have a S5 Large Blast to help out too.

The list looks good – lots of fun to be had! May Sanguinius be with you!

So, in a moment of insanity late last night I ordered this:

99590102250_IronCircleDomitarFerrumAutom

I want to proxy it as a Dreadnought – I guess Contemptor with two close combat weapons would work, unless anyone can think of anything else..? I'll probably swap the head for a Contemptor one if it's a good fit size-wise.

Welp.

Things have escalated....!

It's now a 4 player BA vs Orks Tag team match of 3k a side (1500 each).

Maybe now I certainly bring the Sanguinor to buff my ally :laugh.:

Can you both bring a sanguinor? And a Corbulo?

EDIT: Not that you need I6 Base against orks...

Edited by Xenith

Welp.

Things have escalated....!

It's now a 4 player BA vs Orks Tag team match of 3k a side (1500 each).

Maybe now I certainly bring the Sanguinor to buff my ally :laugh.:

Can you both bring a sanguinor? And a Corbulo?

EDIT: Not that you need I6 Base against orks...

I have pick of the named characters as he isn't bringing any, but don't think I have the points.

It also seems like my force might be pretty much just arrive all at once on turn two, to force some narrative (and because, ya know... I like my pods.)

Because of this I think I'm going to lose the Deredeo for a Storm Raven instead. I am pretty sure Orks can't aim up anyway?

I can then pop the Priest, SG and Cassor on it for a Murderbomb. Should be FUNTM

Inspired by the other thread I'm also going to call it a FTSF just for the odd chance I get the Rage boost. I5 don't mean crap to the greenies.

Edited by Charlo

Weirdly, Orkz are best at snap shooting. Going from BS2 to BS1 is only a 50% reduction in their shooting ability compared to the BS4 to BS1 change a marine gets.

Orks really dont see too much of a difference between shooting land targets and planes.

Shhhhhh!

Tycho is in my ETL Vow and he's not painted yet!

If you talk about it Jolemai will see and shout at me :ph34r.:

That said though I suppose he could fit nicely in with a Meltacide unit...!

When I have him of course though.

Edited by Charlo

Big game vs orks is going.... Less than stellar.

Furioso did kill an entire unit of 14 lootas and thier truk in one go though!

We were essentially on a bunker in the middle and the drop pods were stuck on either ends of an 8x4, as half of the orks on each side.

Ghazgull and his Truk full of bosses, nobs, docs, pain Boyz etc just hit out lines :(

Bringing a list made for a 1v1 game hasn't worked here it seems.

Just rolled 5 2+ saves for SG. Failed 3 and then all of the FNP...

Going to bin my dice. I hear Chessex are bad anyway :P

We called it after turn 3.

It just ended up with a big scrap in the middle and we couldn't really do much.

We wiped out almost one side, except for the Trukk that had all the points in!

We did okay considering the 2 LoW they brought to our none :P

Ghazgull having an unlimited Waagh is insane. 2++ and everything is fearless :|

Deredeo was not doing his normal output, but his targets weren't the best. Lootas are scary.

Kinda just annoyed as it costs me about £20 by the time I travel and buy some food and pay entry and I went all that way for a 2 hour smashing aha!

Edited by Charlo

The Orks have apologised!

Turns out they actually spent all day optimising thier combined 3k with formations and us BA guys didn't really have any prior communication. I just showed up with my previous list :P

Sorry man, you'll get them next time! 

off topic: Had no idea Ghazgull is a LOW... My 3rd game ever was against an ork guy that brought him in a 1k list... Would that be the equivalent of me bringing Dante at 1k? If so, i'm starting to realize how unfriendly my meta is to new players considering my first game was against invisible grav cents and third game was against a LOW both at 1k lol.

Got pretty messed up the 2nd game too against KDK, but not sure if that was more so me trying to out melee him or if he had some cheese...

I'd say Dante is better. But yes, he is a LoW, the obligatory 200+ points character for the faction.

But Ghaz in his decurion is VERY scary and unkillable.

They also had a super heavy tank with a S7 AP3 cannon that shoots a blast with a Radius of 3D6. Yup.

Meltacide totally didn't get a single explodes result either. Out of 7 total Melta attacks across two turns.