The Orks have apologised!

Turns out they actually spent all day optimising thier combined 3k with formations and us BA guys didn't really have any prior communication. I just showed up with my previous list :tongue.:

My gaming group has tried team games many times over the years and it always seems to end up massively one sided. One side plot and plan and create lists that synergise and tie in with their battleplan to fight the armies they are facing... and the other side turn up with lists after a brief conversation a day before the game and try and figure it out as they go... I don't know why it just always goes that way :tongue.:

Luther, I'd say go for a Chainfist Contemptor for sure! The shield can represent the Invulnerable save, and a Chainfist can represent the extra Ooomph the hammer has over a regular DCCW.

Sounds like a plan, cheers Helion! I reckon he's gonna look pretty sweet in red with some markings from the BA transfer sheet :smile.:

Edited by LutherMax

Been thinking today of an idea for a list that I want to share and see if it would be somewhat viable.

I feel like I've seen a similar list before on this or a different forum a while back so apologies if I'm stealing someone else's idea. I started thinking about this after reading the BA tactics article...

2 FTSFs
4 priests
4x10 assault squads geared with melta guns or flamers and pw on Sgt.
1-3 x5 man DC with PF
Add prefered troops and whatever shooting support that may be helpful.

Priests with assault squads moving up middle or flanks while DC do the opposite.

Sounds fun to me... Either opponent is scared of DC and focuses them or realizes the assault squads are pseudo DC and tries to take them out letting the actual DC move up...

Edit: sorry if this wasn't appropriate for this thread, didn't mean to halt conversation here lol, please ignore if so

Edited by Brother Lemartes

Works for me.

With a priest granting the RAS +1WS and FNP they become surprisingly effective, especially if you manage to get a good charge roll and get rage. Hitting and wounding most things on a 3+ on the charge is really nice.

In terms of support you can go with either some drop dreads or some Fast Baals and Vindicators, they can screen the jumpers well.

Even just one Dread put into a precarious position could get your opponent to react poorly and fall into your trap.

AS FOR ME: I'm sat coming to terms with the fact that we are probably going to get some 40k rules for the Kharybdis in the next IA Book and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to buy one. A land raider sized drop pod with pinning missile launchers and heart blasts that could clear out an entire parking lot is just too good to pass up...

They also had a super heavy tank with a S7 AP3 cannon that shoots a blast with a Radius of 3D6. Yup.

Dave's Skullhamma?
Nah it was someone else's Bursta Kannon on a Killtank or something. Sort of nasty. It was very lucky when it killed 3 SG.

6 wounds, 3 1's rolled in saves, FNP of a 3,3,4 :(

Edited by Charlo

They also had a super heavy tank with a S7 AP3 cannon that shoots a blast with a Radius of 3D6. Yup.

Dave's Skullhamma?
Nah it was someone else's Bursta Kannon on a Killtank or something. Sort of nasty. It was very lucky when it killed 3 SG.

6 wounds, 3 1's rolled in saves, FNP of a 3,3,4 :sad.:

Right, that's the belly gun on a Kill Bursta Tank found in Imperial Armour Apocalypse :)

Just in case you want to read up on it :)

Aye!

Main problem was that Meltacide whiffed, only did 3HP on the drop.

Even after the sarge survived a hail of shootas and a failed ork charge, his two inferno pistol hits in turn 2 failed to do anything but one glance. Melta bomb did the same.

My (fledgling) BA's today got some sternguard reinforcements.  I've built them up as MEQ-killers - plasma pistol on the sergeant, plasma gun, combi-plasma and a heavy bolter.

Not my normal kind of load out in any of my armies....but hoping the difference of it will make it a fun unit to play!

Start with a dark colour (dark green or dark blue) and paint it all over. Then paint diagonal 'bands' each time mixing in a bit more of your brighter corresponding blue or green. Make the dark corner the same position on each panel (e.g. top left) as you're looking straight at it.

In plan view:

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/stormraven-cockpit-gradient.png

Edited by LutherMax

If you would rather have them transparent / tinted, apparently gloss varnish or olive oil will remove the frosting...

Edit: that's varnish frosting, but I see now you said it happened when stripping so not sure if it'll work...

Edited by LutherMax

Today: Casually sat at work thinking about how we are probably minimum a year away until we get some 30k BA Specific units and characters info... :ohmy.:

Read: Sat here fantasizing about other legions like DA, DG, RG, SoH...

Edited by Charlo

I think you just made Aub a new avatar :wink:

As well as yourself! How am I supposed to quickly identify you now without the yellow helm Luther! Actually read your username? PFFT EFFORT.

You've just given me an idea...

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Dante-oil-painting.jpg