I'm trying to get my third vow finished, but either too hot and humid or raining everyday to prime my VVs. I could have easily gotten a 4th or 5th vow in, but it's looking like I'll barely finish 3 now. I'm gonna have to just try and prime my guys in 60% to 80% humidity.... I wouldn't mind if it was some tacs, but I'd rather not ruin the VVs I worked hard on making... Oh well

In other news, looks like deathwatch is around the corner. Is it a given that they will have access to frag cannons? Wonder if their dreads will get them.

It would be silly if they get them on Devs/infantry but not dreads and then we keep them on dreads but not infantry with our future Dex.

Edit: might be some cool allies for us if we want to use more frag cannons...

Edited by Brother Lemartes

From what the initial rumours are suggesting they are little more than:

• Captain Artemis
  • Deathwatch Squad (unsure if just a Sternguard Squad with upgrades)
  • Deathwatch Sprue

Of which is sketchy on details right now. More speculation points to the sprue being like the old BT one, with lots of pieces for infantry/ vehicles etc

So unless the extra sprue or the squad (if it exists) has a Frag cannon on, I wouldn't count on it. HIGHLY doubtful for Dreads in my opinion.

I also don't think in terms of an army list, they aren't getting much beyond:

• HQ
  • Shooty Squad
  • Hitty Squad
  • Pods
  • Dread
  • Unique Flyer

It would be weird for only the one IF guy to have one though right? If they didn't plan on giving DW access maybe the IF guy was a "test" model for all marines or just us to get it in the future. I'd like to think they didn't plan to just give it to one random DW guy and no one else, but who knows...

Oh quick question about its guns, the anvil autocannons, they're twin linked, but is each side it's own weapon (like a rifleman dread)? Since both sides have 2 barrels, would it have 4 shots on each side or am I just dreaming a little too hard?

Edit: Charlo, you basically are the inspiration I had to get a deredeo, gotta give credit where it's due.

Edited by Slothysaur

Oh quick question about its guns, the anvil autocannons, they're twin linked, but is each side it's own weapon (like a rifleman dread)? Since both sides have 2 barrels, would it have 4 shots on each side or am I just dreaming a little too hard?

It explains how it works in the Deredeo rules:

"Note that this single weapons system encompasses both of the Dreadnought’s autocannon mounts."

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Deredeo_Pattern_Dreadnought_V2.pdf

No heavy 8 for you!

Edited by Xenith

Too many toys.

Deredeo vs Leviathan vs Sicaran.

I already have a Sicaran Venator that's sat unmade since Christmas due to my indecision as to what colours to paint it...still torn between Heresy Alphas and BA...