Yeah I don't miss that at all! 15pts was just too much. I have fond memories of Deep Striking in and charging with my VV in 5th. Didn't always work of course but when it did it was spectacular and a hell of a lot of fun :D

I believe Heroic Intervention is now no longer having the penalty for disordered charges? I'm not sure it's been a while since I fielded my Vanguard.

How often does disordered charge happen?

It happens when you charge through / into / out of terrain doesn't it? Something I always try to avoid but not always possible.

Isn't it a multi charge?

Yes

I used them a lot back in 5th Ed.

Multi charges existed in 5th, but not disordered charges.

A disordered charge is where you charge multiple units at once, but gain no charging bonuses such as Red Thirst, Furious charge, or rage (or +1 A for charging).

Death co etc can still do this vs weak units like Tau (if hey survive the overwatch), but in 5th it was a bit ganky as you could charge one unit, then have a single model from the unit charge another enemy unit in order to do minimal damage to it, and keep them in the fight.

How often does disordered charge happen?

It happens when you charge through / into / out of terrain doesn't it? Something I always try to avoid but not always possible.

Isn't it a multi charge?

Yes

I used them a lot back in 5th Ed.

Multi charges existed in 5th, but not disordered charges.

A disordered charge is where you charge multiple units at once, but gain no charging bonuses such as Red Thirst, Furious charge, or rage (or +1 A for charging).

Death co etc can still do this vs weak units like Tau (if hey survive the overwatch), but in 5th it was a bit ganky as you could charge one unit, then have a single model from the unit charge another enemy unit in order to do minimal damage to it, and keep them in the fight.

Clearly I meant I charged multiple units at once...

In theory [keyword], you could use Angel's Fury Spearhead to Deepstrike 10x VV into the middle of the enemy and then multi-charge half the enemy's army. Tie them up through their turn while the rest of your guys do work (avoiding overwatch). Of 10x VV with 10x Melta bombs and multi-charge 10x vehicles from Deep Strike....

In theory....

Having spent the day theroyhammering a BA list... I really want a Dirge Caster from my Chaos Codex in my BA list! 

1800pts game tonight.

Thinking a something along the lined of:

BSF with Chappy, DC, Scouts, Cassor and a couple of Contemptors, maybe a Baal Pred.

Paired with a CAD, Libby dread, 5 Tacs with Plas in las/plas razorback, cheap bolter scouts. Also want to squeeze in 2 MM bikes and hopefully both my Tri-Las preds but obviously points dependant.

I basically want to spam av13 and ap2...and trying to utilise stuff painted during the ETL.

I'll come up with the final list this eve and give details tomorrow.

EDC

So my game from Thurs. I took the following:

BSF:

Chappy, jp, VV

Contemptor, fist, kheres

Contemptor, fist, kheres

DC, (7), x2 fist

Cassor

Scouts, bp/ccw

CAD

Libby dread, lvl 2

Tac squad (5), plas, combi-plas, las/plas razor

Tac squad (5), plas

Attack bike w/ MM x2

Tri-Las Pred

Tri-Las Pred

So fairly heavy on the av13, and quite alot of ap2. I rolled night fighting and -1 reserves to my opponent as my WL traits.

Libby dread took Sanguine powers, getting the lance, fear and the primaris .

He had a SM list, quite a lot of infantry. 3 tacs, 5 man assault squad, 5 man dev squad (2plas can, 2 ML), LR with Th/SS termies, SR, shooty dread, Libby with burning blade.

Neither list was optimised, but on paper I think I had the advantage, t'was a enjoyable game.

High Lights: Contemptors were just awesome all around.

Enjoyed the tri-Las press

Low lights: Cassor immobilised by ML before he got to combat :(

Libby dread immobilised trying to get to an objective.

MM bikes whiffed against the LR and were promptly turned into past by the TH/SS termies.

Chappy was killed in a challenge by a PF sgt.

I did some poor placement and both my pf dc died before they reached combat

DC whiffed in combat and eventually lost to a tac squad :(

Overall a win for me. :)

EDC

Immobilization really just plain annoys me.

Hell the vehicle damage chart annoys me.

Why?

Because Tau & Eldar "Walkers" (Wraiths/ Big Suits) just keep going losing wounds, but we take one unlucky roll and our things are dead and gone :'(

Otherwise sounds like you had a good game!

Dreads will get wounds/toughness stats eventually.

So I've started painting a redeemer, a crusader, mephy, a new cap and some more tacticals. Now im looking at buying a sanguiniary guard box to build dante. I think i have a problem

You could always just cherry pick the bits you want from a bits site/ebay store if you're worried about the amount of stuff that's accruing.

That was my first point of call but all our bitz sites down under are out of most sang guard bits

Has anyone got a good recipe for a gold that isn't as bright as the retributiors?

I did a huge gold (different brand) comparison experiment a few years entirely in preparation of painting my Sanguinary Guard. It's here if you're interested: http://atticwars40k.blogspot.com/2011/10/great-gold-rush-quest-for-best-gold.html

The new-ish GW Retributor Gold base (with the white cap), as Xenith mentioned is actually quite good and has nice coverage. It's very similar to Vallejo Model Colour Brass - which is my goto base-coat for gold!

My old recipe was too convoluted when I went back to it ...now I just use GW washes as they are excellent.

--Base coat: VMC brass (or GW Retributor Gold base)

--washes: all gold parts biel-tan green wash (any green wash ok), wash/glaze riekland fleshshade on non-light areas, then finally wash some black (nuln oil) into just the crevasses and creases.

--1st highlight: VMC gold (GW has nothing like this great color)

--final highlight: VMC gold mixed with VMC silver... I do like 3:1 so as not to spoil the effect and make it look like dirty silver.

The VMC metallics thin fairly well with just water even.

Edited by Chaplain Gunzhard