Fear not Charlo, I'm sure Jolemai is as noble and forgiving as Sanguinius himself...? ;)

Yeah I really should read the codex better, I was flicking through it to find the Scout page as I was assembling some and came across the Scout Bikers... I'm sure I hadn't seen them before! It does give me ideas now I'm working on my 2nd Scout squad... they're cheap Troop choices and pretty good in an Assault so I wouldn't mind more Scouts, and Biker Scouts from Baal could be pretty neat. Last game the cheeky chaps dragged down a Dreadknight thanks to Furious Charge so their stock is on the up in my eyes :P

I have a feeling they're still only Toughness 4 with a 4+ Save though? Is that right? Still, I am interested in getting my hands on some and seeing how they perform. Wouldn't mind some Marine Bikers too but I'm still holding on (in vain?) for an updated kit, that Bike sprue is ancient now.

Err, does anyone know where our revered High Chaplain Jolemai is? He's been unusually quiet.

He has been notable by his absence... Perhaps the Reclusium has granted him a period of leave for contemplation...

Thanks for the concern, sadly the light of the Astronomicon could not be seen on my most recent mission...

Safe to say it was a success and I'm now getting back up to speed.

Welcome back cousin!

Necron guy I'm playing was told by my group to bring a decurion and wraiths to our game and he replied "no it's just a casual match" and everyone else in my group's head exploded lol... At least I found someone else who just wants to have a good time in my group haha!

I love scout bikers, 2 grenade launchers, combi grav and a melta bomb for 79 points...

I've been only recently rocking the 5 scout bikes, 3 AGL and combi-plasma (to match their range), with meltabomb and Locator Beacon... I gotta say, I love this unit and I can't believe it took me this many years to assemble mine.

For me it's mostly about: infiltrate, Scout move, Locator Beacon synergy ...but they do have some versatility and can threaten camped targets. The 4++ save has hurt me especially since I seem to keep failing dangerous terrain tests, but the T5 and the speed are both nice as well.

My Capt and VVs just took one wound, lost combat, rolled two 6s and ran off the table.... My Leader and my most elite vets fled the battle after one wound.... My captain and Sgt Brutus may not survive their meeting with the Lord Revenant later... Brutus shouldn't be allowed in the feast of blades after this!

But I still won somehow!

My Capt and VVs just took one wound, lost combat, rolled two 6s and ran off the table.... My Leader and my most elite vets fled the battle after one wound.... My captain and Sgt Brutus may not survive their meeting with the Lord Revenant later... Brutus shouldn't be allowed in the feast of blades after this!

But I still won somehow!

You should kill off Brutus and replace him.

I promoted my sergeant to company captain after he scored 4 points single handedly.

He put a Combi-Melta in the face of the last Scourge, killed the last 3 guardians in close combat, and then jumped through a window and kicked the Faraeer's teeth in.

His fallen squad were avenged that day.

Mastodon is out.

Rules are on the FW site for 40k (at least, until the next Imperial Armour comes out)

It even calls out that is is eligible to take Librarian/ Furioso/ Death Company Dreads as passengers :wub:

No mention of Cassor though :P

4x Dreadnoughts no less!

Cassor IS a Death Company dreadnought - only a douchebag would argue against that!

Mastodon is out.

It even calls out that is is eligible to take Librarian/ Furioso/ Death Company Dreads as passengers :wub.:

4x Dreadnoughts no less!

It says max. 2 I think.

However it says "May carry 40 marines. It may also carry up to 2 dreadnoughts...dreadnoughts count as 10 models each".

So RAW it can carry 40 + 2 dreads. If they removed the word also, it would be RAI, but 40+2 dreads so far.

Edited by Xenith

Mastodon is out.

It even calls out that is is eligible to take Librarian/ Furioso/ Death Company Dreads as passengers :wub.:

4x Dreadnoughts no less!

It says max. 2 I think.

However it says "May carry 40 marines. It may also carry up to 2 dreadnoughts...dreadnoughts count as 10 models each".

So RAW it can carry 40 + 2 dreads. If they removed the word also, it would be RAI, but 40+2 dreads so far.

Read the actual transport capacity bit in its entirety. It clearly states at the end that each dread counts as 10 transport capacity.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets//Mastodon-Rules.pdf

Edited by Slipstreams

Mastodon is out.

It even calls out that is is eligible to take Librarian/ Furioso/ Death Company Dreads as passengers :wub.:

4x Dreadnoughts no less!

It says max. 2 I think.

Read the actual transport capacity bit in its entirety. It clearly states at the end that each dread counts as 10 transport capacity.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets//Mastodon-Rules.pdf

And I quoted that part in my post?

Saying how much space dreads take up still doesn't remove the word "also".

Not that I would ever do it in game. I know what the RAI is, but RAW...