Well it doesn't for my Day of Revelation Siege Company :P !

Nah it totally does for the traditional DoR, if anything I'd consider it for my DA Ironwing when I get around to them. Transporting a couple of Contemptor Cortus with Tank Hunters sounds like a BLAAAAAST.

While its safe to assume any sane person who wants to have a group to play with wouldnt pull this, I'm not seeing your raw interpretation.

-Mastodon has 40 transport capacity and is a super-heavy that can therefore carry multiple units as long as they respect transport capacity.

-Even as a super-heavy transport, it doesnt have the baseline ability to transport dreads. The "also" part would therefore give it the ability to do so.

-Each dread counts as 10 models when embarked into a Mastodon.

-Once a dread is embarked into a Mastodon, reduce remaining transport capacity by 10 per dread.

I'm with Slips here, the "also" would be a sound RaW argument if it didn't also list them taking up a capacity of 10.

Logic dictates that if you have forty guys, sure it could also transport dreads but it has no capacity left for them anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with your interpretation of the rule, however I'm also going to point to the entry for the stormraven as an example of exactly how it should be laid out.

Edited by Xenith

My reading of it was that it has 40 slots. You can take up to two Dreads, each taking 10 slots. So if you took two Dreads, you would have 20 slots remaining for infantry of various sorts.

That's the Badger.

But yeah I can see where the other side has come from for sure.

In other news I had a game against SM+Eldar the other night (my list here).

It did not go well.

- Libby Dread rolled 6's when trying to manifest his very first power, so got Perils, then rolled a 1 on the table (sucked into the Warp!), then 6's again for Leadership. I wonder where he is now...

- Fragioso failed his reserve roll on turn 2 AND turn 3.

- Cassor did take out a whole grav bike squad + MM attack bike, but then being down to 1 HP got taken out by a scout squad after charging them and rolling 1's on his attacks.

- Opponent counter-deployed against my DC leaving them waaay away from anything to attack – didn't get into combat till turn 3 or 4.

- Gerantius didn't lose a single HP all game, and took out a Hammernator unit but they tied him up for too many turns and I rolled poorly for his shooting and scatter.

- Deredeo managed to get the formation of three Eldar Crimson Hunders to Jink for a couple of turns but didn't destroy any, so after he got toasted they just flew around shooting the rest of my army with AP2 guns.

He got First Blood for Cassor's pod, Slay the Warlord at the very end, Linebreaker, a bunch of objectives and 1 VP for destroying the Deredeo (Big Guns Never Tire).

I just got Linebreaker and 1 VP for destroying an HS unit.

13-2

The dice gods were not with me :sad.:

Edited by LutherMax

Yeah I had a really bad run of luck – hopefully now my karma has been reset!

In fairness to my opponent he made some excellent tactical choices with deployment and splitting up his force into MSU to over-run the board (combat squads, splitting off all his IC's etc).

Target saturation!

Edited by LutherMax

Ah, the Mastodon. My first will be in red and designated March of the Fire Ants. The second, in black, will be called Blood and Thunder...

Buy two in a normal game and you cant put much into that beasts :D

700+ Points are a huge price but that thing is nearly indestructable.

So, in a flesh tearer story, they send boarding torpedoes full of death company into a civilian ship to kill an inquisitor.

I pictured that, but on a planet, and into a building full of cultists... And by my Sanguinary Crusaders... And I really want it.

This would be for nothing other than death company for me, though.