40 DC in a Mastadon!

Why were they killing the inquisitor? Was Seth up to no good?

I don't remember the story title (it's an audio drama), so if you want to listen and not have it spoiled I'm putting it in spoilers.

actually, it was her fault. She planned the whole mission out to end in a way she could kill him in an act of revenge for something. He ends up getting the upper hand and she flees. He accounted for part of it, and knew she was on one of the civilian ships, so he just sends out the DC to kill all of them, resulting in her death and no witnesses. He actually goes on to think about how unfortunate it was that innocents had to die and felt remorse for what he did, but he really couldn't let her live. It was pretty good.

Plus he calls Tycho arrogant, and they jab each other a little, and when the inquisitor said something they basically both said to never insult one of their brothers (meaning Tycho and Seth) or they would kill her. Like, even their rough relationship they threaten death over that, lol. But it's been a while, so some things I said might only be about 92% accurate

Edited by Arkangilos

My Capt and VVs just took one wound, lost combat, rolled two 6s and ran off the table.... My Leader and my most elite vets fled the battle after one wound.... My captain and Sgt Brutus may not survive their meeting with the Lord Revenant later... Brutus shouldn't be allowed in the feast of blades after this!

But I still won somehow!

Assemble and paint a new sergent and make brutus watch while you do it!!!

40 DC in a Mastadon!

I don't remember the story title (it's an audio drama), so if you want to listen and not have it spoiled I'm putting it in spoilers.

actually, it was her fault. She planned the whole mission out to end in a way she could kill him in an act of revenge for something. He ends up getting the upper hand and she flees. He accounted for part of it, and knew she was on one of the civilian ships, so he just sends out the DC to kill all of them, resulting in her death and no witnesses. He actually goes on to think about how unfortunate it was that innocents had to die and felt remorse for what he did, but he really couldn't let her live. It was pretty good.

Plus he calls Tycho arrogant, and they jab each other a little, and when the inquisitor said something they basically both said to never insult one of their brothers (meaning Tycho and Seth) or they would kill her. Like, even their rough relationship they threaten death over that, lol. But it's been a while, so some things I said might only be about 92% accurate

I need to find that audio drama, sounds good!

Jonke, such s cruel punishment. I'm kinda thinking though since the captain was technically leading the squad, it was his fault and Brutus was just following orders....

40 DC in a Mastadon!

I need to find that audio drama, sounds good!

Jonke, such s cruel punishment. I'm kinda thinking though since the captain was technically leading the squad, it was his fault and Brutus was just following orders....

Lol, doesn't matter. He himself wasn't leading, he was attached to it. The squad members don't listen to anyone but the squad leader.

I remember during a training exercise when we were attacking A company, when I was acting team leader, my squad leader said Alpha Team bo-No, Bravo team bound!" But I didn't hear the "No" because I fired a shot so I told my team to bound. He thought I was listening to our platoon leader, who was with me and so came, picked me off the ground a little by my back, said, "IF YOU EVER MOVE UNDER ANY COMMAND THAN MINE AGAIN, I'LL KICK YOU IN THE HELMET!"

While I already knew that, it reinforces to me that if the captain decided to run, if the squad bails with him, it's still the squad leaders fault. ;)

I later sat down with my squad leader and he apologized, recognizing that it was a communication error by way of sound, not me listening to someone else.

Edited by Arkangilos

Yeah but that might not be how it works in 40k/ the imperium. If a CM gave a squad n order, I'd think they'd listen regardless of what the Sgt said, but that could vary from chapter to chapter. I can always say that's not how the blood Revenants operate if need be.

Also it still can fall on the captain. Captain joins squad and commands squad leader who commands the squad. So Brutus got the order from the captain and obeyed by telling his squad to fall back with them... It would be insubordinate for Brutus to not listen there

And from a rules standpoint, you roll for them all together not seperately for the attached character.

I'm just trying not to have Brutus' reputation tarnished after his 1st fight lol

Edited by Brother Lemartes

Brutus was actually pulled from battle to be sent to Baal on an urgent mission that could not wait. The captain was in charge of bringing him back and making sure we had victory secured, which we did, before withdrawing from the battle.

That's actually pretty good!

In other Blood Angels related news: there's a new guy starting warhammer at the group I attend each week. How do I usher him unto the light of Sanguinius and away from our secretive and dishonourable cousins... the Dark Angels?

Adk him why he wouldnt rather play Codex CSM if he is so keen on playing a traitor legion?

Edited by appiah5

OKAY LADIES AND GENTS!

The new Chaos Supplement "Traitor's Hate" is coming next week. Why does this concern us? WELL... Take a look:

http://www.spikeybits.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/traitors-hate-cover.jpg

http://www.spikeybits.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/14123356_1686239838364348_1526338155_o-1.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT!

The Blood Angels are in the book! So we'll probably be seeing an accompanying supplement soon too!

Note the "Black Crusade" in the top right too. That is a marker akin to the Warzone Fenris and Warzone Damocles - so this is going to stretch into a campaign!!!

Edited by Charlo

OKAY LADIES AND GENTS!

The new Chaos Supplement "Traitor's Hate" is coming next week. Why does this concern us? WELL... Take a look:

http://www.spikeybits.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/traitors-hate-cover.jpg

http://www.spikeybits.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/14123356_1686239838364348_1526338155_o-1.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT!

The Blood Angels are in the book! So we'll probably be seeing an accompanying supplement soon too!

Note the "Black Crusade" in the top right too. That is a marker akin to the Warzone Fenris and Warzone Damocles - so this is going to stretch into a campaign!!!

Good find Charlo!

I do wonder if this is just chaos love though, what with the black legion decurion...or if we might be seeing some love too as the campaign progresses.

Since the Fresh Prince of Baal-air is a thing, is there a place on the B&C for the odd parody? I want to see if there are any fans of 'Breaking the Lore' by Sanguinary Priest...

Nice :)

As far as I'm concerned, feel free to keep it in the appropriate forum. So if it's a BA related parody then knock up a thread. We had Baalhemian Rhapsody a while back...