Oo excited by this possible new campaign, I've just started a KDK army (red, black, gold/brass, CC orientated, they're basically BA in disguise), so the thought of new formations for both is very exciting.

I've been involved a Tale of Many Gamers at my local club where players start a new army and aim to paint 500pts a month (hence the KDK).

Anyway, this relates to BA because i have one of the returning plays a 500 pt intro game. T'was a fun game, I managed a win, felt a bit bad as my list performed better than I expected and his dice were cold. Still, I think I gave him a decent 7th ed intro and showed him the main changes from 5th.

Second game I played another 500pt list vs my 'better than expected' 500pt list, damn blood boil is good against T3...

EDC

Fan-fething-tastic

Edit: Had a game against the new Deathwatch today. 1500 points, with not really optimised lists. Maelstrom of War, mission 6. The one with de-escalating TacO cards.

Not a hugely fun game, actually. I got ahead in the first two turns, and he didn't have enough stuff on the board to contest. Between a few really expensive squads and bad reserve rolls, most of his army didn't show until turns 3 and 4, by which time I'd already collected a good 7/8 tacos and there was just no catching up.

Things that were cool:

• The newish Astartes psychic powers. I ran Fulmination on my Libby Dread, and got Magnetokinesis which would have been game changing if I hadn't already gotten so lucky.
  • The Deathwatch Blackstar flyer. Such a gorgeous model. So good to see it in person. Would have been brutal if my opponent hadn't had terrible dice luck.
  • Veteran Scout Sgt Grann, fresh out of his first round knock-out at the Feast of Blades, crunching not one, but two power-weaponed Deathwatch veteran bikers without a scratch.
  • Never accidentally scattering a vindicator blast back onto my own units. We play on 4x4s at the GW store, so for BAngels, this is something I will always be grateful for
  • My Libby dread going three rounds with a veteran squad with no weapons capable of hurting it without killing a single marine.
Edited by CaptainHelion

• Veteran Scout Sgt Grann, fresh out of his first round knock-out at the Feast of Blades, crunching not one, but two power-weaponed Deathwatch veteran bikers without a scratch.

Good to see he's back in action!

• My Libby dread going three rounds with a veteran squad with no weapons capable of hurting it without killing a single marine.

Didn't he know about "our weapons are useless"? He could have run away! Or were they fearless, with a Terminator?

Didn't he know about "our weapons are useless"? He could have run away! Or were they fearless, with a Terminator?

That was my immediate assumption..  Either a character that gave them fearless or a Terminator in the unit..

I'm honestly not sure why he didn't run away. I did mention "Our Weapons are Useless", but he chose not to use it. That said, it worked out fairly well for him. The poor Ancient is off having a refresher course with the initiates.

Regardless, the whole thing sounds like the Librarian dreadnought should have used our weapons are useless and ran away instead.

IT'S HAPPENINGGGGGGGG!

http://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gif?noredirect

Anyone else horrendously pumped for DEATH COMPANY RELICS?

DEATH COMPANY CHAPLAIN? HELLO RECLUSIARCH, THY 3W EXCELLENCE SHALL RETURN!

Terminator Captain makes me think we might get Cataphractii access too... Maybe...