I don't normally have a lot of battle accolades to share, but this event that happened on Wednesday made me grin...

I chose to deploy a Furioso dreadnought with Blood Talons in a Lucius Drop Pod very near to my (highly worthy and excellent) opponent's Nurgle terminator squad.  The Terminators and a Havoc squad managed to score an Immobilized result on my dreadnought.  A big disappointment for a melee dreadnought who has yet to charge, no?

My opponent decides to challenge the Furioso in close combat with his terminator squad.  I rolled five hits, five wounds.  0/5 invulnerable saves were made.  I must add that my opponent bore his defeat with great dignity.

NOICE.

Okay my plan for the Mastodon is to give it the IWND legacy then have it transport:

2 Librarian Dreads

3 Techmarines

Seth

DC Chaplain (hopefully able to be on foot with 3W and give DC mega re-rolls)

15 DC

Between IWND, 2 Voids and some repair rolls should be smooooth sailing.

DID NOT REALISE THE ANTI-AIR GUN WAS HEAVY 5 LOL.

Edited by Charlo

NOICE.

Okay my plan for the Mastodon is to give it the IWND legacy then have it transport:

2 Librarian Dreads

3 Techmarines

Seth

DC Chaplain (hopefully able to be on foot with 3W and give DC mega re-rolls)

15 DC

Between IWND, 2 Voids and some repair rolls should be smooooth sailing.

DID NOT REALISE THE ANTI-AIR GUN WAS HEAVY 5 LOL.

How many points is the thing? 900?

Mastodon is 700. Charlo wants to take all that to a battle where I will be wielding more than 12k, so his little egg basket isn't that much really.

Harsh!

I just meant that in the grand scheme of things, all that isn't a great deal of points! Don't get me wrong, in a regular game it's an entire army's worth but in this one...

Mastodon is 700. Charlo wants to take all that to a battle where I will be wielding more than 12k, so his little egg basket isn't that much really.

I demand photos of this battle.

Deployment for the last battle at 43k per side.

Also, the un-cropped Army of the Month White Dwarf photos:

gallery_62972_11822_113582.jpg

gallery_62972_11822_78951.jpg

Last Apoc was 43k on each side across one mega table and 3 smaller ones.

Also - who says I'm only bringing ONE Mastodon?

Muhuhuwhahaha!

My wallet. That's who says I'm only bringing one.

But yes - I had about 4-5k last time but am aiming for a lot more now. Probably bring a contingent of Mechanicum/ Skitaari too.

Harsh!

I just meant that in the grand scheme of things, all that isn't a great deal of points! Don't get me wrong, in a regular game it's an entire army's worth but in this one...

Cmon recclusiarch. In either battle, every little bit helps ;)

Today in BA, while basking in the glow of having finished the new base for my ETL Tarantula, my brain reminded me about my back log...

Cool result for appiah, the cynic in me thinks that they might be anticipating a run on Baals after Angel's Blade gets released and so they slung you something that is of higher monetary value with similar(ish) weapons, but that's probably just gathering dust in the warehouse at the moment (how many people are purchasing Land Raiders of any kind these days with any regularity?). Which is what's known as a win/win I guess. If the customer doesn't mind the 'upgrade' you get to shift a piece of stock you might not otherwise have done while appearing to be giving legendary customer service.

This is an open love letter to GW..

GW Customer service is indeed top notch. I just finished sorting out the refund from my digital weekly WD subscription and they were amazing.

And I'm still on my £9 per quarter direct debit WD subsciption.

HA!

It is SO cool having someone do that for you by the way, so thanks again LutherMax!

No worries man! I'm gonna do another update blocking some other areas in black so you can get a feel for it.

Are you planning to freehand the gold details? The images from the FW book makes me wonder if we'll get a transfer sheet with stuff like that on. I think the Minotours one has some similar graphics.

Sanguinary Guard magnetised :smile.:

Are you magnetizing models you've assembled previously as an update, or is it all WIPs?

It's an ongoing thing :) In this case, it's my ETL IV vow that was still blu-tacced on the weapon options.

At the moment I'm going through my collection and repairing/magnetising what needs doing.

Fiddling with some DC, a standard bearer and a Librarian tonight.

It is SO cool having someone do that for you by the way, so thanks again LutherMax!

No worries man! I'm gonna do another update blocking some other areas in black so you can get a feel for it.

Are you planning to freehand the gold details? The images from the FW book makes me wonder if we'll get a transfer sheet with stuff like that on. I think the Minotours one has some similar graphics.

Looks like they did indeed!

http://miniset.net/files/set/gw-99510101125.jpg

Damn... so the filigree bits may need to wait for this... but other gold bits may be fine.

I might do some test filigree on something else and see how I get on

If you go to shutterstock.com and search for geometric border there's loads of stuff. Make sure you select Vector files from the drop down. If you find something you like I can download it for you and set up some print artwork (I have an account for work).

Something like this maybe:

http://m.shutterstock.com/images/115489297/full

Decal paper you can get from Amazon :)

Edited by LutherMax

Some priming was done for a few side projects. Notice poor mans Limited BA Captain in the middle. I had converted this dude some five years or so ago. Long before the limited edition release. Hope to paint it in the same colors as the 2nd ed box set cover.

gallery_60983_8363_500287.jpg

Chaplains power fist, priests sword and jumppack are magnetized.

Edited by appiah5