Finished my Venerable Dread. Not too shabby. Yellow Lascannons repping 2nd ed colors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/0913161936b_HDR2_zpsabayhcf1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/1fa7f353-13cc-4aee-aba6-dcedc18abed0_zpsmquidu9o.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/0913161937b_HDR2_zpseesbvih4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/0913161937a_HDR2_zpseuae2unw.jpg

Plundered ebay and got a Sanguin Guard for 10 bucks and an flamestorm baal for 25. Hope to can play the new formation in the next days but exams and other stuff is keeping me busy.

When i dont field the Lucifer Task force i´m considering fielding 3 baals in the rerolls 1 to wound formation.

Is it a good idea to field an flamestorm along 2 dakka baals? 

Edited by Riot Earp

SCREW IT.

You know what? Are there negatives to the new release? Sure there are... But GW have actually been deceptively clever with this release... How? I hear you scream! Well:

Instead of making our Demi the interesting part of our book, like vanilla marines, they have instead focused on our unique units.

Why is this cool? Well, of all of the Marine books (bar wolves but they a whole different bag) we have the most unique cool things, specifically: DC/ SG/ Baals/ Nice TDA models/ Special Characters/ Special equipment.

And really? A double demi would have been nice but that's just one step closer to being vanilla. Instead we have strong cores in the Archangels with amazing first wave aux in the Golden Host and OIF.

We got all that with a smattering of assault from deep strike, which puts us WHERE we want to be on turn one or two AND all of our tanks/ dreads/ scouts/ speeders got brought in like with the vanilla book.

Oh and we now have objectively THE BEST land raiders in the game (though vanilla can get 3 that ignore everything short of explodes, but that requires 3).

Even our Stormraven formation is hella cool, just two in the "optimal loadout" can come in and unload:

• 8 S8 AP2 Concussive
  • 8 S6 AP4 Rending TL
  • 2 S8 AP1 Melta TL
  • 24 S4 AP5 TL

Oh and that is across three different targets, and the missiles go off in the movement phase! Letting us murderise a transport to hit the gooey innards in the shooting phase.

Oh - and we can STILL do everything we could before this update. Bring a CAD/ BFS/ FTSF with a Priest and Scouts for pittance and suddenly you have access to FW too.

AND our armies won't all look like parking lots. They'll look like MONSTER TRUCK DERBY'S BECAUSE OF ALL THE BAALS/ RAIDERS/ FIRE EVERYWHERE.

=====

In short:

I'm stoked bros.

And Riot Earp - in regard to your question, in the DC formation just go all flamestorm ;) 6" extra deploy. 12" Scout. Fast Move. BOOM.

Edited by Charlo

SCREW IT.

You know what? Are there negatives to the new release? Sure there are... But GW have actually been deceptively clever with this release... How? I hear you scream! Well:

Instead of making our Demi the interesting part of our book, like vanilla marines, they have instead focused on our unique units.

Why is this cool? Well, of all of the Marine books (bar wolves but they a whole different bag) we have the most unique cool things, specifically: DC/ SG/ Baals/ Nice TDA models/ Special Characters/ Special equipment.

And really? A double demi would have been nice but that's just one step closer to being vanilla. Instead we have strong cores in the Archangels with amazing first wave aux in the Golden Host and OIF.

We got all that with a smattering of assault from deep strike, which puts us WHERE we want to be on turn one or two AND all of our tanks/ dreads/ scouts/ speeders got brought in like with the vanilla book.

Oh and we now have objectively THE BEST land raiders in the game (though vanilla can get 3 that ignore everything short of explodes, but that requires 3).

Even our Stormraven formation is hella cool, just two in the "optimal loadout" can come in and unload:

• 8 S8 AP2 Concussive
  • 8 S6 AP4 Rending TL
  • 2 S8 AP1 Melta TL
  • 24 S4 AP5 TL
Oh and that is across three different targets, and the missiles go off in the movement phase! Letting us murderise a transport to hit the gooey innards in the shooting phase.

Oh - and we can STILL do everything we could before this update. Bring a CAD/ BFS/ FTSF with a Priest and Scouts for pittance and suddenly you have access to FW too.

AND our armies won't all look like parking lots. They'll look like MONSTER TRUCK DERBY'S BECAUSE OF ALL THE BAALS/ RAIDERS/ FIRE EVERYWHERE.

=====

In short:

I'm stoked bros.

I went from happy to a little ticked to some of the silliness, but am right back at where you are charlo. I'm super pumped and I still get that we missed out on some things, but overall this is a huge win for us in my book..,

Can't wait to try the archangels Demi with Dante golden bros for no scatter on the whole army!

Probably a great time to pull out the hand flamer vets charlo?

I love the fluff being incorporated in to the table top'

I think I'm just over hyping it, but it seems incredible to me to use the Arch Demi with Dante GH. We literally can pick where everything goes with rerolling turn 1 reserves. It seems to be more of a shooty list tbh, with pistols on VVs and bunch of sternguard to really get some firepower right where you need it...

We may not have gotten anything to really show we love JPs, but we seem to be the undeniable kings of precision alpha and deep striking (at least our first company is anyway)

Today one of my beagles grabbed and subsequently ate the retributor armour paint pot from my work station. Thankfully she ran into the yard before cracking it open. Sanguinary Guard are now on pause awaiting resupply.

The face of innocence.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160914_212043_zpsfttvqjxj.jpg
Edited by Brother_Angelus

Sure why not!

My fluff behind them is the loudout was created to combat the Ork Waaagh that my chapter saved their would be home-world from.

Deepstrike, BBQ the Greenskins and keep the flame burning while they charge :biggrin.:

Don't forget, Orks leave behind spores that grow into new Orks. Judicious application of fire is the only way to kill off these spores before you have another Ork infestation on your hands.

SCREW IT.

Instead of making our Demi the interesting part of our book, like vanilla marines, they have instead focused on our unique units.

• 8 S8 AP2 Concussive
  • 8 S6 AP4 Rending TL
  • 2 S8 AP1 Melta TL
  • 24 S4 AP5 TL

Oh - and we can STILL do everything we could before this update. Bring a CAD/ BFS/ FTSF with a Priest and Scouts for pittance and suddenly you have access to FW too.

=====

In short:

I'm stoked bros.

And Riot Earp - in regard to your question, in the DC formation just go all flamestorm ;) 6" extra deploy. 12" Scout. Fast Move. BOOM.

Right there with you brother

Oh yeah. Outflank too.

Outflanking Flamestorm Baals.

Doesn't get much better IMO.

Goodness gracious great Baals of Fire.

That is a terrible joke and I'm so sad I can't like it! I have never run out of likes before but have been out for like 3 days straight now!